I can't believe Avatar made $2.7+ billion.. wtf

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't know. I didn't feel the impact of Avatar either but you are recalling event movies (outside of Titanic) that happened during peak social media/meme era where all that shyt is goin viral.. I think Avatar would probably be the same, 2009 social media was far different than it is today but like I said I don't recall an impact.

I feel like The Dark Knight had more cultural impact because it's still talked about endlessly whereas I never see Avatar discussed anywhere.
Then the Matrix in 1999, or the Sixth Sense in 1999, or even the Blair Witch Project in 1999 (more for the hype tho)

Avatar didn't break into to the cultural zeitgeist at all despite making all of that money. It was bizarrely not a phenomenon.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the visuals lived up to the hype, but otherwise a very forgettable movie, to the point i'm really not sure how a sequel matters at this point, a decade later. i guess i wont doubt cameron's ability to push visual efx further, but that's the ONLY thing that would pique my interests

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Ain’t no movie that’s straight gimmick doing that kinda bread bruh. And it’s 3.3 bills in 2019 dollars is even more insane
Ur not understanding how easily manipulated the masses are...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ur not understanding how easily manipulated the masses are...

I fully understand. People just need to understand that just because you and your circle don't fukk with something, it doesn't mean that others don't. You have to see a movie multiple times to generate that kinda bread

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I fully understand. People just need to understand that just because you and your circle don't fukk with something, it doesn't mean that others don't. You have to see a movie multiple times to generate that kinda bread
This.

There were reports of people feeling sadness and depression after the movie.

It was so immersive that people got the 'avatar blues' because they felt more connected (or wanted too) to pandora than actual reality. The movie is over and they're sad they're back on earth. :wow: