I appreciate Kendrick Lamar not reminding us constantly of his gang affiliations.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He's just a young boy caught up in a crazy city, brehs. Kendrick Lamar, the black Franklin Richards :lawd:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
as a youngsta back in the 90s with friends n kinfolks in that gang bullshyt

i would have never known ..wha quik repped...he didnt make the normal gang bang shyt like the cmws n etc...

his 1st 2 albums u didnt kno wha quik was really reppin...loked out hood gave clues due to him namin off streets...he stayed sayin spruce

.n the song title itself is confusin i learned loc was crip slang..

he didnt rep the threes til safe n sound ...he banged big time all in the credits let it be known that him n hi-c was the only ones doin it for the branchez....etc

1st time i ever seen quik wear red was on arsenio hall when he was in the compton jacket

but quik always seem to wear alot blue n the shyt i saw em in

DJQuik.jpg
DJ+Quik.jpeg
dj_quik-quik_is_the_name_tha_bombudd.jpg
old3rr.jpg

Hi-C - Leave My Curl Alone - 1991 - YouTube

n it was weird seein all that blue in hi-c's video...he rep with the pittsburgh pirates hat n thats it...

quik started trippin when eiht shot that slug at em on duck sick..so his colors started comin out...

quik downplayed that gang shyt only nikkas in the game knew thats why he had problems on jus lyke compton..

hell even hi-c wasnt set trippin on none of his albums...both of em always rapped about fukkin hoes smokin n other shyt...

edit: didn't see you acknowledge the S&S album. my bad

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
First time I remember any rapper (besides the Crips and Blood tapes) of a rapper claiming gang affiliation in LA like that was Snoop during the full version of "Gin & Juice" video.

If you remember, he had Crip flags as curtains for his windows.

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
I sort remember that too. Besides Quik underground Red tape; Snoop was the first nikka I remember kicking and floss his gang affiliations and it become bolder and loud clear after the Murder was the case soundtrack after they starting referencing all types Long beach affiliations, after he kind open the flood gates around 95 . Safe and Sound Quik starting going wit the blood shyt and Jayo felony bang 40's hard on take ride.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
First time I remember any rapper (besides the Crips and Blood tapes) of a rapper claiming gang affiliation in LA like that was Snoop during the full version of "Gin & Juice" video.

If you remember, he had Crip flags as curtains for his windows.

The Pittsburgh gear was the real giveaway...and the homie on the bike had a blue rag on his head.

:whoa: Quik wuz like tha first nikka to bang on Wax, check tha underground tapes

"One day I wuz chillin in aranbe n spruce, 40 in my hand tryna get loose..." have it up bustin a hood role call of all them OG Tree Top Pirus, this wuz way before those crip and blood tapes (bangin on wax) reppin they sets

You'd be surprised at how many people...even from LA, that haven't heard the red tape.