I appreciate Kendrick Lamar not reminding us constantly of his gang affiliations.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Well it's nice to see folks being able to get by in the rap game being themselves. As much as I think Drake sucks, at least he's being himself. Same goes for Kendrick for not trying to portay himself as this super-thug.

What would you guys say about SchoolBoy Q though? I like him as a gangsta rapper that has some kind of charisma, can spit and so on. Is he really about that life (Or was or whatever?)

SchoolBoy Q is the shyt. He don't really bang on wax tho....well only when he dissed 40 Glocc.

Growing up a black male in LA, you gotta go out of your way to not appear gang affiliated to most folks (well, at least back in the day). That's just LA for you.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love Kendrick for showing another perspective of Compton, that's why Black Boy Fly is such a tearjerker :salute: K Dot.

Although, his pop hollering about them dombinoes didn't help shake the Boyz In The Hood stigma :myman:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I love Kendrick for showing another perspective of Compton, that's why Black Boy Fly is so heartfelt :salute: K Dot.

Although, his pop hollering about them dombinoes didn't help shake the Boyz In The Hood stigma :myman:

yep for every cat that spoke on the gang shyt...game mc eiht etc

u had cats who had fun with the music like eazy hi-c 2nd ii none quik n now kendrick...kuz 2nd ii none was active as shyt dee n kk was some fools in the streets

quik spoke on em in complex...how they did have sense n would be the 1st to set shyt off..

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Listening to GKMC it's clear his friends were Piru affiliated.

His pops GD, his uncles Crip, his homies Piru :mindblown:

Sugar

Banned
Daps
Well it's nice to see folks being able to get by in the rap game being themselves. As much as I think Drake sucks, at least he's being himself. Same goes for Kendrick for not trying to portay himself as this super-thug.

What would you guys say about SchoolBoy Q though? I like him as a gangsta rapper that has some kind of charisma, can spit and so on. Is he really about that life (Or was or whatever?)

Q says he's from Hoover so I guess so :ehh:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
SchoolBoy Q is the shyt. He don't really bang on wax tho....well only when he dissed 40 Glocc.

Growing up a black male in LA, you gotta go out of your way to not appear gang affiliated to most folks (well, at least back in the day). That's just LA for you.

his shyt is way more subtle, but 40 Glocc and that naked ass nikka fell all the way back when Q told him if he wanted that action over the Tyga beef.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven

his shyt is way more subtle, but 40 Glocc and that naked ass nikka fell all the way back when Q told him if he wanted that action over the Tyga beef.

WHo is the naked ass nikka? :deadrose:

Can hood politics be put aside and the world get a Nipsey & Schoolboy Q collabo?

shyt, if Snoop can put together the Eastsidaz, anything can happen, right?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
qtipkendricklamar.jpg

Exactly, look at this shirt...

Come on now, people :leostare:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
on one of his songs off GKMC he says something like "this piru shyt will always be in me".

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol what makes u think he is affiliated? son is terry cloth

Dudes just be speakin out they @ss on this website.
:snoop:
You don't have to bang or be "hard" by some distorted hood fantasy definition to be "affiliated" or known to associate with gangsters.
You can be a perfectly normal kid who gets good grades in school but because :
1. Your good friend is associated with a gang,
2. You grew up in a certain neighborhood
3. Have gang affiliated family neighbors (cousins,uncles, brothers, sisters, fathers even mothers or even the entire family...)

You can and most likely will be tested if you happen across the wrong people.
Whether it's the police or dudes from rival gangs/sets.

Kendrick speaks on it from a perspective that I would imagine just about any young black male from california can relate too, even suburban cats. :ld:
Sh1t I know I can as a Cali resident myself. :yeshrug:

WestSideConnection

WestsiderRider_818
Daps
Reppin
TheValleyOfHate

Q's from the 50's Hoover Crips (Criminals) who beef w/ the Rollin 60's Crips.
Of course he doesn't bang now, why would he? But he's def from a real hood:salute: