I appreciate Kendrick Lamar not reminding us constantly of his gang affiliations.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
lol what makes u think he is affiliated? son is terry cloth

did you listen to the album?

them nikkas pressing him about where he stays, where his momma/grandma stay doing that cause if you live in a hood, you might as well be from that hood...especially if your family is from that hood.

if your boys are from the hood, and you live in the hood... to everyone else, you from that hood no matter what.

nikkas aint requesting CDC numbers, police files and profiles before they press you.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Quik claims Tree Top Piru.

he throws up "Blood" in the Mike Epps video.

as a youngsta back in the 90s with friends n kinfolks in that gang bullshyt

i would have never known ..wha quik repped...he didnt make the normal gang bang shyt like the cmws n etc...

his 1st 2 albums u didnt kno wha quik was really reppin...loked out hood gave clues due to him namin off streets...he stayed sayin spruce

.n the song title itself is confusin i learned loc was crip slang..

he didnt rep the threes til safe n sound ...he banged big time all in the credits let it be known that him n hi-c was the only ones doin it for the branchez....etc

1st time i ever seen quik wear red was on arsenio hall when he was in the compton jacket

but quik always seem to wear alot blue n the shyt i saw em in

DJQuik.jpg
DJ+Quik.jpeg
dj_quik-quik_is_the_name_tha_bombudd.jpg
old3rr.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi65jMEJBk4"]Hi-C - Leave My Curl Alone - 1991 - YouTube[/ame]

n it was weird seein all that blue in hi-c's video...he rep with the pittsburgh pirates hat n thats it...

quik started trippin when eiht shot that slug at em on duck sick..so his colors started comin out...

quik downplayed that gang shyt only nikkas in the game knew thats why he had problems on jus lyke compton..

hell even hi-c wasnt set trippin on none of his albums...both of em always rapped about fukkin hoes smokin n other shyt...

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I know what you sayin

back in the early 90s no rappers was bangin colors only they sets.that was only way you knew what they claimed.real nikkaz from the streets knew what was up but a lot of non bangin rap fans just enjoyed the music and never knew the clues behind those lines.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
he does the samething dj quik did when he came out...

quik didnt let it hang until safe n sound...

but he gave clues...the quik is the name album

not too mention been flamed up alot lately

qtipkendricklamar.jpg
Kendrick-Lamar-Air-Jordan-1-BlackRed-.jpg
0.jpg

:wtf:

Quik had a legendary TTP mixtape before he ever dropped "Quik Is The Name", and was screamin' that shyt all over it....?

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California

qtipkendricklamar.jpg
0.jpg

He was wearing that same outfit but blue during his BET performance:comeon:

He's stated on a bunch of interviews that he has family members on both sides Piru's and Crips nd how they always wanted him to be the one in the family that's not involved in any of it:myman:

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
:wtf:

Quik had a legendary TTP mixtape before he ever dropped "Quik Is The Name", and was screamin' that shyt all over it....?

he screamed that shyt on 2 songs....the freestyle that ended up on 2nd ii none 1st album...n the one that supposedly started the eiht beef

if u want the og tape its waaaaaaaaaay different

look up tony a...u will be suprise whats all on it..kuz alot of ended up on quiks n 2nd ii none n hi-c solo albums...

tony a held la down for yrs

my pops got all them old roadium paramount and a couple other swapmeet mixtapes made by battery brain dre n tony a...

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

qtipkendricklamar.jpg
0.jpg

:whoa: Quik wuz like tha first nikka to bang on Wax, check tha underground tapes

"One day I wuz chillin in aranbe n spruce, 40 in my hand tryna get loose..." have it up bustin a hood role call of all them OG Tree Top Pirus, this wuz way before those crip and blood tapes (bangin on wax) reppin they sets

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
:whoa: Quik wuz like tha first nikka to bang on Wax, check tha underground tapes

"One day I wuz chillin in aranbe n spruce, 40 in my hand tryna get loose..." have it up bustin a hood role call of all them OG Tree Top Pirus, this wuz way before those crip and blood tapes (bangin on wax) reppin they sets

like i said be4 in my previous post...if u didnt kno shyt about gang shyt..u wouldnt kno wha the hell quik was tombout...

quik gave clues ...hell quik had blue on the cover of quik is the name...so alot of the shyt quik was sayin went over alot of folks head

i posted a pic of him in blue n black...from the shoot for the cover n the quik is the name single..

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
like i said be4 in my previous post...if u didnt kno shyt about gang shyt..u wouldnt kno wha the hell quik was tombout...

quik gave clues ...hell quik had blue on the cover of quik is the name...so alot of the shyt quik was sayin went over alot of folks head

i posted a pic of him in blue n black...from the shoot for the cover n the quik is the name single..

:ehh:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
nikkas thats really bout that shyt + lived that life dont really talk about it (Guccy, Lupe)

And nikkas thats talented dont need to rely on gimmicks (Kendrick, Biggavells)

Its pretty simple when ya think about it :leon:

People gotta stop rockin w/goofballs w/something to prove (Ross, Weasel)

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kendrick is blood affiliated but he plays the average joe role.

dj quik might not have been flaggin on wax, but at the time nobody was set trippin on records like that. eazy was a well known crip but he always rocked black and never mentioned crips or bloods, ever. he actually claimed NWA was his gang. even cmw wasn't crippin like that on wax until later, but anyone who know, knew they was crip. it was actually kinda suprising that snoop came out flaggin because up until that point, rappers wasn't really claiming their sets on wax.

quik was definitely TTP, but at that time rappers just weren't flossing their gang connections, escpecially since their sets were still very much active at the time and the rappers themselves weren't very far removed from it.