''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
I made the season thread the 15 win season and named it something ridiculous like "Ok, We're reloaded...."

Never made another season thread

i thought we was gonna make noise that year. signed old ass penny hardaway and i thought him and shaq were gonna party like it was 1995:lolbron:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
We've never been a team to really showcase or keep our rookies around too long besides Wade
Not in the Riley years, no. But before we got Riley to come down to Miami we had plenty rookies that came and played significant minutes

• Glen Rice
  • Seikaly (duh)
  • Steve Smith
  • Harold Miner <--- The man who turned me into a Heat fan
  • Khalid Reeves

i thought we was gonna make noise that year. signed old ass penny hardaway and i thought him and shaq were gonna party like it was 1995:lolbron:
I was never a big Penny Hardaway fan. Even when he was a top 10 player in the league. Dont get it twisted i respect his game. Just wasnt a fan:manny:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Fab Melo got traded and now cut. :patrice: I remember some of us were hoping he dropped to the Heat in the draft.

maybe they should take a chance on him :ld:

There has to be a reason why he got traded away then cut about a week later. I'd settle for a camp invite.

This is still my favorite Fab Melo highlight.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Fab Melo got traded and now cut. :patrice: I remember some of us were hoping he dropped to the Heat in the draft.

maybe they should take a chance on him :ld:
Stop holding onto the past.

College sports fans always seem to hold on too long hoping your college sports heroes will have an impact in the pros. Any player cut in the pros is probably not worth much or else he would have been traded instead. GMs wont straight up cut player if they know they can get something for him and in order for that to happen other GMs must see something in him

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Stop holding onto the past.

College sports fans always seem to hold on too long hoping your college sports heroes will have an impact in the pros. Any player cut in the pros is probably not worth much or else he would have been traded instead. GMs wont straight up cut player if they know they can get something for him and in order for that to happen other GMs must see something in him

Intruder :what: in the hell are talking about

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
No room for flab melo he needs to sign with a young team

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
He don't watch college sports so he don't know fab is like 20 and a project player to begin with

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The NBA is not a development league. nikkas need to stop trying to sign these super athletes hoping that they are develop a post game or a jumper. Stay in college if you want to develop your game more.
In the nba you get pushed into specialties.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Joel Anthony Hoping To Retire With Heat
Aug 31, 2013 11:28 PM EDT
Anthony_Joel_mia_081008.jpg

Joel Anthony has two seasons left on his contract with the Miami Heat, and the veteran center is hoping to retire with the organization that brought him into the NBA in 2007.

"Of course I want to retire with Miami," Anthony said. "It's the team that gave me the opportunity, the team that I've played my six years on in the NBA and there's no reason for me to leave."

Anthony has been part of back-to-back titles with the Heat.

"It's not an issue of whether you're going to play or get minutes, the most important thing is that we went out to win a championship," Anthony said. "That's my goal. At the start of the season I'm not thinking if I'm going to get minutes or not, instead it's about getting that title. As that goal was reached, there's no reason to go anywhere else."

Anthony averaged 1.4 points, 1.9 rebounds and less than a block in 62 games last season.

Via Gonzalo Aguirregomezcorta/ESPN Deportes

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229641/Joel-Anthony-Hoping-To-Retire-With-Heat

Joel about to reup next year discounted. :ohlawd: I have a feeling he is going to sign a contract that pays Miami back the money they overpaid him on the last contract.