''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
MIAMI – When his teammates are shooting on the American Airlines Arena court before games, Jarvis Varnado usually resides two floors above them, working out privately inside the Miami Heat practice gym. Ever since the Heat signed him out of the D-League, Varnado knew minutes were going to be scarce, but his opportunity to grow within the organization would come in the summer and next season.

Now, Varnado will play on Miami’s summer league team in July and be in the fall training camp, critical moments for him to prove his standing to Heat management. Varnado, 25, is confident the Heat will keep him through his non-guaranteed contract next season, but he also understands the burden of continuing to make strides.

“Most definitely, I look forward to coming back,” Varnado told RealGM. “Miami is a great city and the fans are great and my teammates are great. Right now, I just got to show what I can do in summer league and hope for it.”

Varnado’s agent Mitch Frankel, for his part, has noticed an elevated knowledge about work ethic, stemming from the 6-foot-9 forward’s experience in camp with the Heat last year.

“Jarvis has been constant in the gym and understands how hard he has to work,” Frankel told RealGM. “He’s at the level you need to compete in the league, and that’s why I believe he’ll be in the NBA next season with the Heat.”

Before signing with the Heat in January, Varnado had been averaging 14.5 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.4 blocks in the D-League. With an established rotation, he was cognizant this would be a development season to learn and practice behind big men like Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem – all while chasing a championship.

“They told me straight up they want to develop me and I accepted that role,” Varnado said. “They sent me down to the D-League to get some games in, some experience, and now I’ll showcase myself [this summer]. It’s a great experience and I’m learning a lot from how the playoffs go: How hard fought it is, guys just leaving it all out on the court. Just to be a part of this, I’m blessed.”

RealGM Blog: Jarvis Varnado Excited About Future With Heat

:whew:

Heat Become 13th NBA Team With Single Affiliate D-League Team
Jun 10, 2013 1:44 PM EDT

The Miami Heat, the Sioux Falls Skyforce and the NBA Development League announced that the Heat and the Skyforce have entered into a single affiliation partnership beginning with the 2013-14 NBA D-League season. Miami becomes the record 13th NBA team to have a one-to-one affiliation with an NBA D-League team.

The Heat, which joins the Philadelphia 76ers as the second NBA team to become singly affiliated with an NBA D-League team this offseason, will be Sioux Falls’ sole NBA affiliate and will have full control over the team’s basketball operations. To further solidify the relationship, the Skyforce has adopted Miami’s red, yellow and black color scheme and signature font beginning with next season.

The Heat assigned both Dexter Pitman and Jarvis Varnado to the Skyforce last season, the fourth season of the teams’ affiliation. During the 2012-13 season, Sioux Falls was also affiliated with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers.

Heat Become 13th NBA Team With Single Affiliate D League Team - RealGM Wiretap

Riley is starting to build a foundation. I have a feeling Varando will be a good rotational player, if he pans out. At best he is Joel with a better offensive game. Hopefully with the affiliate team, we can find a few gems to add to our rotation.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
What did wade do to kaman in 06?

Stole his soul apparently.

I’m not much of a Dwyane Wade fan, but I’m a LeBron James fan. I’ve been watching him play, and we were in the same draft together. He’s had a great career already. I don’t want him to win everything, but I’m ok with the winning streak. I’m not against it or really for it. I just never really go along with (Dwyane Wade). I guess I just don’t like his style or whatever. I didn’t like the year the Mavs lost when he got all the foul calls. I didn’t like that.”

probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/chris-kaman-im-not-much-of-a-dwyane-wade-fan/

rastafarwrite81

Reppin fine wine and cigars!
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I think Riles is going to make dat pitch to Greg Oden!

I feel that Oden would flourish within this organization. I have all the faith in the world in Riles and Arison.

pg- Chalmers
sg- Wade
sf-Bron
pf- Bosh
c- Oden

:lawd:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Riley will find a way to bring an impact free agent in like he has done the past three offseasons to pair with the big three. First it was Miller than Battier followed by Ray Allen. If they lose a shooter or two they could always sign a Boobie Gibson or a Ben Gordon or someone of that caliber. If they don't go after Oden you got cats like Emeka Okafor Dalembert and Thabeet on the market. It's not like these players would start they just would need to provide minutes depending on who they are facing. But I see nothing major going down or them trading Bosh this offseason.

rastafarwrite81

Reppin fine wine and cigars!
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Chris Broussard made a great point on First Take friday, If Spo puts Bosh in the post 30% of the time, the offensive dynamic of the Heat changes dramatically. People complain about Bosh, as did I, but it became quite apparant that Spo's offensive philosophy dictated that Bosh play away from the basket to create that spacing. Had Wade been healthy, there would be no talk about trading Bosh.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
:wtf: they had better be coming in to start I can't take another season of bosh at the 5

Yeah but they are most effective on the offensive end with him at the 5. Though I agree I would like to see him at he 4 for a whole season to see if he could get at least 10 boards a night.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Chris Broussard made a great point on First Take friday, If Spo puts Bosh in the post 30% of the time, the offensive dynamic of the Heat changes dramatically. People complain about Bosh, as did I, but it became quite apparant that Spo's offensive philosophy dictated that Bosh play away from the basket to create that spacing. Had Wade been healthy, there would be no talk about trading Bosh.

He finally said something worth quoting. I wonder if his sources wrote that. :heh:

The only reason we have Bosh out on the perimeter is because Wade and Bron don't hit their jumpers consistently. If they improve their jumpers to respectable levels like in the Finals, we can put Bosh or a traditional center in the post. Bron & Wade midrange game would solve the spacing problem.