Hyrule Warriors (Wii U, 3DS, Switch)

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So dynasty warriors is cool if it has Zelda models?
:ohhh:

:rudy: get this garbage out of here
Yes. Dynasty Warriors was never a bad concept. They might have already started to do it but had they used that exact system but utilized more commercial characters a la, batman (face it arkham with its arena style fighting is just button mashing but has cool story and huge maps--the maps and mashing can be done in dynasty warriors) or zelda, spiderman, any other characters and it would have been bigger than it already was

Pardon my ignorance, but how is this fun? Videos look like just... one character attacking a bunch of dolls standing around doing nothing. Where's the challenge?

the demos are showing low difficulty or are just built for demos. I played it at Best Buy--google search to see where you can play it at in your area---
the bad guys are pretty active. @Family Man

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Pardon my ignorance, but how is this fun? Videos look like just... one character attacking a bunch of dolls standing around doing nothing. Where's the challenge?

I was thinking the same damn thing.
Demo builds for showing off the game arent going to have them fight back. The appeal of these types of games is being a badass on a battlefield slaying 100s anyway.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My boo wanted to buy her nephew a tablet so we went to best buy and i played it again.

It'll be a good look. I think people will appreciate link in HD..he is a lot more agile, and taller than in TP, not that it matters. The map that I played was pretty large. Large enough to where if you and multiple players are playing you arent stepping on each others toes or even in the same frame. There was some timed event like enemies had busted through a gate, I had to run from the southeast corner to the northwest corner, and it was a stretch.

The only thing missing that I can recall which could be from BB's broken ass gamepad. One of the analog sticks didnt work and I dont recall feeling that pop when I was getting into approximately 500 enemies asses and a couple of mini bosses...we'll see though

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game has been released

I'd be pleasantly surprised to receive it via gamefly today but I can wait. Ninja gaiden 3 is keeping my belly fat. Meanwhile other nikkas are on a game diet lookin at their systems like
50-CENT-WEIGHT-GAIN.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok so the gamefly came in, I was going to play for about 2-3 hours but I wanted to watch the simpsons family guy crossover...so I played for about 1 hour. on normal...

Its mindless fun, a downside to me thus far is you dont need to use your shield. theres a lizard monster that shoots fire, you can use it to block that. at this point in the game the weakest and tiniest enemies are basically there to get your KO counter up, they will stand and wobble back and forth and sometimes draw a weapon but they wont attack you, some have arrows and they stand still and wait for death too. It kind of sucks because unless you run into the middle of a big group your not going to get ambushed and have to fight your way out. Theres no pop from the controller when you kill enemies, like on windwaker/twilight princess..its just lowly rumbles...probably to save battery life because your consistently killing.

thats what is fun. There are so many enemies, at first I thought I was just going to kill who needed to be killed until I get to go to my objective, then there was something about painting the map blue. All the enemies are red on the map and the areas they are in control of are red too, so you run in kill a bunch of nikkas and paint the bytch blue then your nikkas come in rep the spot and your on to the next one, until the entire map is blue. I had to kill over 2000 dudes, just because I didnt want a speck of red showin on my map.

Minus the storyline goin on in my head, there is something to be appreciated about killing everybody, theres a sense of accomplishment--theres something there its not like you just did it to do it, but its not mandatory.

I'll continue to post as I play.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Turn it up to hard mode

I did......and its perfect!

Just the right amount of slash and defend. Ya'll can go ahead and mash the button thinking you can skip to the next objective if you want to :mjlol: Your gonna be pissed off. The death (you dying) to win ratio is right. Like if you got your sticks down (nh) you can possibly go through without dying or restarting once you know what you gotta do and where you gotta be. You will very much fail missions because youll be defending the wrong place or someone you are supposed to defend will get killed. Having switched from ninja gaiden 3 to this was the perfect warm up with the hack and slash combos.

The way the game is set up you can win with anyone, its just going to take longer to hack away with link when impa has a power move that really gets into a bosses ass. You are very much encouraged to play with other characters (not that anyone would play with just link). My plan was to go through with Link and continue to beat it over with the other characters...the game doesn't work like that. What's cool is the bad guys get harder as you level up, sure your going to be level 30 with link and walk through whoopin ass like your getting paid to do so, but there are bosses that are and stay within range therefore if you meet a boss in the very first level, and go back at level 30 although you are stronger he isnt charmin soft.

Ive been fukking around with the regular mode, then i switched to adventure mode, and thats what made me purchase this game...your going to get your money's worth out of it. dollar for dollar its a good buy. If they had online multiplayer it would be an instant cop and high selling game competing with any other game out right now. I wouldnt buy a wiiu just for it, but if you have one its a very worthy cop.

The maps are huge, very good sized. It very very much reminded me of MH3 with how far you have to travel and it made me wish that epona was in the bytch--she's there but in cutscenes.

My favorite part is that you can walk through hoards of bad guys cuttin throats, and even on hard there are a bunch that stand around waiting to be slaughtered, yet there are about 5 in each pod that you will inevitably find yourself in that will cut you and that could be the end of your life if your not cautious, between that and going into battle with sub bosses and regular bosses there is enough whether your just looking for something to fill your time, or you want to be interested or invested into the game and story.

The music is good too, I will continue to post as I play. My recommendation is to download it straight to your console.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC
Daps
I did......and its perfect!

Just the right amount of slash and defend. Ya'll can go ahead and mash the button thinking you can skip to the next objective if you want to :mjlol: Your gonna be pissed off. The death (you dying) to win ratio is right. Like if you got your sticks down (nh) you can possibly go through without dying or restarting once you know what you gotta do and where you gotta be. You will very much fail missions because youll be defending the wrong place or someone you are supposed to defend will get killed. Having switched from ninja gaiden 3 to this was the perfect warm up with the hack and slash combos.

The way the game is set up you can win with anyone, its just going to take longer to hack away with link when impa has a power move that really gets into a bosses ass. You are very much encouraged to play with other characters (not that anyone would play with just link). My plan was to go through with Link and continue to beat it over with the other characters...the game doesn't work like that. What's cool is the bad guys get harder as you level up, sure your going to be level 30 with link and walk through whoopin ass like your getting paid to do so, but there are bosses that are and stay within range therefore if you meet a boss in the very first level, and go back at level 30 although you are stronger he isnt charmin soft.

Ive been fukking around with the regular mode, then i switched to adventure mode, and thats what made me purchase this game...your going to get your money's worth out of it. dollar for dollar its a good buy. If they had online multiplayer it would be an instant cop and high selling game competing with any other game out right now. I wouldnt buy a wiiu just for it, but if you have one its a very worthy cop.

The maps are huge, very good sized. It very very much reminded me of MH3 with how far you have to travel and it made me wish that epona was in the bytch--she's there but in cutscenes.

My favorite part is that you can walk through hoards of bad guys cuttin throats, and even on hard there are a bunch that stand around waiting to be slaughtered, yet there are about 5 in each pod that you will inevitably find yourself in that will cut you and that could be the end of your life if your not cautious, between that and going into battle with sub bosses and regular bosses there is enough whether your just looking for something to fill your time, or you want to be interested or invested into the game and story.

The music is good too, I will continue to post as I play. My recommendation is to download it straight to your console.

Thanks for the review. Also, Epona is coming to the game as DLC.