Hurricane Laura makes landfall in Cameron, Louisiana with winds of 150 mph

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Hasn't been all that humid down here in SA these past few days which is unusual, but the humidity rolled in today along with some grey clouds like its threatening rain. A poster on here said last week that this was a possibility because the water in the Gulf was so hot, which is what happened during Katrina if I remember right. News said the water in the gulf was 88 degrees a couple days ago.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
1. It really depends on how long it rains. The longer it rains, the slower it will take for the water to recede.

2. Yes it does get that high. They encourage everyone to move cars to higher ground and to stay off the roads during hurricanes because of how high the water can get.

3. Im praying for everyone in the city right now.

On another note, I brought my generator outside to make sure I knew what the hell I was doing if I needed to start it. I forgot how loud it was. The whole block gone show up like :feedme: if I really need to crank it up.

My dad was like make sure you keep your gun on you because nikkas will try you and try to steal it. He coming back with a chain so we can lock Big Mama up . No fukk shyt over here.

Isn't most of Houston flat tho?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
no there isn't much time left in regards to mitigating catastrophic effects of climate change.
i think climate change is that slow moving asteroid that will upend societies across the world unfortunately. once the ice melts (which act as our planetary refridgerator) there is no bringing them back. we have literally reversed the entire planet's climatic system from a generally cooling period to a greenhouse in the span of half a century. no amount of wind mills and solar energy is going to refreeze ice. unless there is some unprecedented planetary unified effort to slow down the amount of warming thats taking place, the earth is well on its way to becoming another venus.
But wait, wouldn't the planet likely cool again to the point more would be formed in some tens of thousands of years or so? I think we've done a lot of damage to the surface of earth but until we can affect the core and it's rotation around the sun I think we have less control than we think even if we fukking shyt up.