Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Same. .. Esp. When they started talking about category 4....

almost was, Tampa did get some flooding and if it would have landed as a Cat 5 we may be having a different convo

but i think myself and others (not to pat ourselves on the back) said it wasn't the wind that was gonna make it bad, it was the flooding and loss of power. Most of south florida (east) is concrete and steel, outside of the trees potentially falling , wasn' concerned with the hurricane winds. The flooding, storm surge, and lack of power were the issues. People stayed in those brickell condos and you know what, the next hurricane you won't see near as many people evacuate.

The media lost some credibility in this situation as well, people won't leave next time.... watch.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
almost was, Tampa did get some flooding and if it would have landed as a Cat 5 we may be having a different convo

but i think myself and others (not to pat ourselves on the back) said it wasn't the wind that was gonna make it bad, it was the flooding and loss of power. Most of south florida (east) is concrete and steel, outside of the trees potentially falling , wasn' concerned with the hurricane winds. The flooding, storm surge, and lack of power were the issues. People stayed in those brickell condos and you know what, the next hurricane you won't see near as many people evacuate.

The media lost some credibility in this situation as well, people won't leave next time.... watch.

It's not that the media was wrong. They can't predict where exactly a hurricane will go until like a day before it hits. Anytime a category 5 storm shows up, you want to get all of the way out of the way. I don't care what the media is talking about. Especially if you live near the ocean, gulf, bay, lake or whatever big body of water.

Last edited:

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I am thankful to have no claims on both properties, all shutters intact and for the record it wasn't a fukk everybody else ever the shyt was aimed at my home state FL

I was just getting at the cries to evac from people who never been thru at least a CAT 3, if it was a 5 me and mines were still hunkering down regardless like I said we don't run from hurricanes

I wouldn't begin to tell people who deal with tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunami shyt about what they should do because I am clueless bredren

I thought we all had common disasters that could pop up depending on our geographical location?

All i know hurricane

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
i'll be flying back to Miami wednesday night, hopefully airport is open

who coming to have a drink to memorialize this shyt

Wood TAvern
Anderson
Cafe Iguanas
Yolo
O-Lounge
capones
blue martini (FLL)

i'm down for whatever

You cant have this moment if you left the city u got scared

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I'm glad it wasn't that bad, people are always quick to complain about something being over hyped but don't understand that it's always better to be prepared for the worst case scenario rather than be unprepared. Florida and the Southeast were spared the worst possible scenario of this storm due to some favorable circumstances that could of easily went left for us, but to our Caribbean neighbors this shyt was catastrophic. Try to tell them in Barbuda where 90 percent of their homes were destroyed that it was "overrated" I don't think they'd agree. All I'm saying is let's not get cocky and dismissive about something that we lucked out on for the most part.
thank you. you'll never hear me talk shyt about that bytch irma. fukk her and her whole family.

nothing overrated about the pain i'm in right now from a day's labor in my yard and my neighbors yards.