Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC

Happened in the Bahamas and the water slowly came back

"Basically, Hurricane Irma is so strong and its pressure is so low, it’s sucking water from its surroundings into the core of the storm.

This isn’t the sign of a tsunami. The water will return to Long Island (island in the Bahamas) and it probably won’t rush back with any great force. It will probably be back by Sunday afternoon."

Also

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The US cities at risk of flooding; and how they're dealing with the threat

Tampa
Considered by the World Bank one of the most at-risk areas in the world for sea level rise, the Tampa Bay region has been quietly bracing itself for the worst for several years.

The area’s pristine beaches have avoided a direct hit from a major hurricane in nearly a century but a report released in July warned that a category three event, or stronger, could result in $175bn in damages to Tampa Bay. Much of this is to do with geography – the sloping, shallow shelf of the bay would create a funnel where water would surge into properties should a hurricane hit.

Tampa has attempted to bolster flood protections for critical buildings such as hospitals but there is very little the city could do if an enormous hurricane formed in the Gulf of Mexico and bore down on it – planners have looked at the worst case scenario and predicted a grim death toll of around 2,000 people.
Damn, I hate to see people lose everything or get hurt/die, but a part of me hopes these hurricanes finally wakes people the fukk up and start taking climate change and rising sea levels seriously.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Happened in the Bahamas and the water slowly came back

"Basically, Hurricane Irma is so strong and its pressure is so low, it’s sucking water from its surroundings into the core of the storm.

This isn’t the sign of a tsunami. The water will return to Long Island (island in the Bahamas) and it probably won’t rush back with any great force. It will probably be back by Sunday afternoon."

Also

Breh hitting the MJ out there

tumblr_nilsw0eP9w1r72ht7o1_500.gif

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Breh hitting the MJ out there

tumblr_nilsw0eP9w1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Reminds me of the time Irene came thru the Mid Atlantic

I was outside walking my dog and was like "Aw this Hurricane ain't shyt"

The moment I said that a gust of wind bent my umbrella backwards and I was like :whoa:

Anyway it looks like she's barreling right towards Ft Myers now :lupe:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Reminds me of the time Irene came thru the Mid Atlantic

I was outside walking my dog and was like "Aw this Hurricane ain't shyt"

The moment I said that a gust of wind bent my umbrella backwards and I was like :whoa:

Anyway it looks like she's barreling right towards Ft Myers now :lupe:

Same thing when we got a tornado warning at my Grandma's house. I was on the porch like nothing was gonna happen and then the clouds got pitch black and started rotating.

Mother Nature looked at me like

4glZcIg.gif