Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I seriously have no idea at all.

full
Hmmm that's unfortunate.
It was you!

Piffery

All Star
Daps
The guy tries to die for a living.

Are we really shocked he'd vote for Trump?:heh:
I can't find a source on this:francis:
Gonna need further information before making a judgement on it, is this something that was said in a stream, cause there's nothing on Google and nothing on twitter.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Except he was probably wrong.... Where was he located? "not much worse than now"
It's probably flooded where he was standing.

That's just arrogance to me...

Agreed. You wanna be ballsy then do it, but weather predictions aren't nature. You can't dismiss the actual weather cause they project that it won't hit you. A storm ain't finished until it's finished.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I'm not really familiar with Tampa's layout. Is it similar to Miami? In other words, is the flooding gonna be extensive there?

The US cities at risk of flooding; and how they're dealing with the threat

Tampa
Considered by the World Bank one of the most at-risk areas in the world for sea level rise, the Tampa Bay region has been quietly bracing itself for the worst for several years.

The area’s pristine beaches have avoided a direct hit from a major hurricane in nearly a century but a report released in July warned that a category three event, or stronger, could result in $175bn in damages to Tampa Bay. Much of this is to do with geography – the sloping, shallow shelf of the bay would create a funnel where water would surge into properties should a hurricane hit.

Tampa has attempted to bolster flood protections for critical buildings such as hospitals but there is very little the city could do if an enormous hurricane formed in the Gulf of Mexico and bore down on it – planners have looked at the worst case scenario and predicted a grim death toll of around 2,000 people.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Parts of Tampa/St.Pete still have that old school wooden shotgun style housing from the 1800's. I fear for neighborhoods like Ybor City, West Tampa, Rosier Park, etc. Tampa is very similar to New Orleans in terms of architecture and very similar to Houston in terms of layout.
Damn Tampa is gonna get that work. :mjcry: And to think folk evacuated Miami to Tampa. :mjcry: