Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

Some people from South Florida went to Tampa to "escape" the intensity of the storm too...shyt's fukked up.

I know that was one of my options , the unpredictability of everything really messed me up. I bought a one way ticket, so yeah came out the pocket for the peace of mind. If it misses miami I'll be thinking, I should have just stayed but my options were limited after Friday night

Kinda shytty predicament but at least with hurricanes you have time to prepare. ,however way you decide.

Tampa hopefully was preparing this whole time and I wish they didn't just focus on the eye but made sure everyone understood all of South Florida and the coasts were at risk. Initially they did a poor job of that since even I thought going to Tampa would be safer

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Just came from 7/11 to get a frozen pizza. Streets are empty, the employees were outside smoking squares. I went in and every smokable item was sold out. Apparently someone went in there last night and bought every pack of cigarettes there. So far so good. My girl brought me 5 gallons of water, canned food, and p*ssy because I fukked her before she left. I wish she would just stay with me but her mom really wants her by her side.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The last major hurricane to hit Sofla(Andrew) it was definitely the wind that did the most damage and killed the most people. The people most at risk of flooding in SoFla are those who live literally along the coast or those who live along lake Okeechobee. If you live west of I-95(for the eastcoast FL folks) or east of 75(for the westcoast FL folks), you are in the safest areas.

Agreed but remember the wind damage was mostly trailer homes and wood frsme homes before the hurricane codes . This would be the first real test of the codes in a cat 4 /5 storm

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Yep. Good Ol lake Okeechobee. So many little towns and agriculture around that lake. Belle Glade FL in Palm Beach County is near lake Okeechobee. As is the little town of pahokee FL. Those two towns are like NFL factories. Something about the soil in those towns that breeds NFL players. Also those towns are very poverty stricken and have high crime rates and have high AIDS rates. :(

They're rural but have inner city problems. But overall those towns have an interesting history. Alot of Haitian, Cuban, and Guatemalan migrant workers in the urban Eastern half of palm beach county wake up each day Every morning to take those long bus rides to Belle Glade to work in the sugarcane fields.

Back in the day, mighty hurricanes and torrential rain would cause lake Okeechobee to flood severely, killing Alot of folks in the towns surrounding the lake. That's why the army corps of engineers had to build dams and dykes and such in the lake Okeechobee area. Canals, flood panels, all of that is part of everyday life in South Florida. That's life down bottom. In soflo you learn to live with water and learn to manipulate it to work for you and your daily life, instead of letting the water kill you.

Damn I never knew that, I thought Belle Meade was a well off community

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
I'm riding this shyt out. No shutters, no sand bags, no water, just weed and liquor. Allapattah, Dade County in this bytch
giphy.gif

If I die I need @Brooklynzson to make some rip flea t-shirts and let the proceeds go to my funeral if they find my body :mjcry:
If you dont getcho ass up outta there!
full

:dead:

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i evacuated from miami to go to tampa...
low key we thinkin about going back to miami or going to Georgia. we could easily make it b4 any winds pick up

i remember earlier in the thread posters was calling people dumb for going to ATL instead of Peniscola / Mobile
DJQ5DI3W4AEtSmS.jpg

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
There's been a couple of those spaghetti lines that were ways showing a gulf trajectory , I want to know which ones those are cuz they are about to become the Nate sliver of hurricane tracking