Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
If only more dug dealers had become meteorologists. Little did they know it was that easy. :francis:

I bet this is Trump fault too. Was the government expected to come out of pocket for us? :francis:
:mjlol::yeshrug:

Yes, drug dealers should have. These hurricane experts are as predictable and accurate as a palm reader. :francis:

If they truly gave AF about our well-being they should. For a region, that's poor and susceptible to catastrophic storms yearly, why not make accordion shutters mandatory on all homes and subsidized? Why not give away essentials before havoc is reeked instead of feeling generous afterwards?

I don't have high expectations of government but I have logical reasoning. It all boils down to money and lobbying.

Last edited:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
My friends daughter went to Tampa with her grandma to get away from the Hurricane as well as a bunch of my boys fam and friends. I think they are all scrambling now to figure out the next move unfortunately. Hopefully they have shutters or a preparation plan.

ynwa25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm supposed to be in Atlanta on Tuesday for a conference. I'm assuming that that's not happening now :lupe:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:mjlol::yeshrug:

Yes, drug dealers should have. These hurricane experts are as predictable and accurate as a palm reader. :francis:

If they truly gave AF about our well-being they should. For a region, that's poor and susceptible to catastrophic storms yearly, why not make accordion shutters mandatory on all homes and subsidized? Why not give away essentials before havoc instead of feeling generous afterwards?

I don't have high expectations of government but I have logical reasoning. It all boils down to money and lobbying.

Why would they make accordion shutters mandatory on all homes and if they were, should the government pay for it? How are they going to do that? South Florida isn't the only region prone to hurricanes. Just ask those in New Orleans and Houston. So should the government give accordion shutters to every house from Texas all the way around to Virginia?

You say the region is poor but this is something that's necessary for our survival. I would understand if they were buying dumb shyt, but hurricane shutters aren't a waste. People should be responsible for their shutters, not the government.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Why would they make accordion shutters mandatory on all homes and if they were, should the government pay for it? How are they going to do that? South Florida isn't the only region prone to hurricanes. Just ask those in New Orleans and Houston. So should the government give accordion shutters to every house from Texas all the way around to Virginia?

You say the region is poor but this is something that's necessary for our survival. I would understand if they were buying dumb shyt, but hurricane shutters aren't a waste. People should be responsible for their shutters, not the government.
Like I said, it boils down to money. They spend taxes on shyt that has nothing to with Americans. However, shutters is where the lines are drawn. Know why?

Because it's too much money to be made off us.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The last major hurricane to hit Sofla(Andrew) it was definitely the wind that did the most damage and killed the most people. The people most at risk of flooding in SoFla are those who live literally along the coast or those who live along lake Okeechobee. If you live west of I-95(for the eastcoast FL folks) or east of 75(for the westcoast FL folks), you are in the safest areas.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/07ac/bcbb5dc0b16c3deffc7a737eb0204504ad27.pdf

Wind killed 13/44 people in Florida according to the coronors...

Andrew was also much more compact than Irma. Irma is easily twice the size of Andrew. It will bring much more water.

Do not try to use past experiences to guess what will happen this time.
And do not drive into flood water.