about a 3rd of the island lost power but thats common in PR

here's Irma as viewed from the ISS

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
That would probably take way too much work to block of each exit from Dade all the way up.
What if they did it from like north Palm beach up to Orlando. From port st Lucie to Orlando I only see a handful of exits. And I saw a few accidents reported so that's gonna slow down traffic even more. Maybe it will or won't work. I'd just hate to get stranded in the middle of farmland, out of gas, and a damn hurricane on my ass.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
That's a death wish

Some people might actually be traveling south, plus the fact that Florida drivers drive like they're still in Latin America/the Caribbean is a huge ass loss of life and lawsuit for FDOT waiting to happen

Alot of places open up the freeways for contra flow during storm evac. New Orleans,
Virginia Beach/Hampton roads, it can be activated here in Houston on 45.

Supposedly there's some emergency plans there in FLA. They must not be activated.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forgot what storm it was but I remember seeing photos of coffins from cemeteries being raised out the ground because of the water

:merchant:An image I will never forget

That was katrina cause their graves are above ground. I swear i would die of a heart attack if i saw somebody's grandma floating down the block

:deadmanny:

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
My wife's family got into the Windy City today, my wife was fawning over them trying to ask them questions but all they wanted to do was go downtown and eat Deep Dish pizza. I love my in-laws. :pachaha:
That peace of mind is something else when you have insurance. :blessed:

But FL breh's and brehettes do need to be gtfo from what they told us. :francis: