'Hunger Games' Star Criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for "Rampant" Appropriation of Black Culture

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Amandla Stenberg :patrice:

*googles "Amandla Stenberg parents"*

9084019.jpg
:francis:

*edit* i realize now that's Jeff Bridges....y'all can stop quoting me now. she still gotta white daddy tho

Last edited:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
:salute: To the lil sis puttin these honkies on blast.

This one time this outspoken white girl put on Miley's 23 video w/her jivin around with some lame rappers, was a time I wish I could go back in time and get one of my aunts in their prime to pimp smack her for me.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Amandla Stenberg :patrice:

*googles "Amandla Stenberg parents"*

9084019.jpg
:francis:

I told nikkas on here, the mixed girls go harder for the movement sometimes than full black people. :sas2:

In typical Coli fashion, I was labeled a liar and all mixed people are c00ns looking for white validation though. :skip:

Hope she doesn't get black balled because of this, but you know how white people are. :francis:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I told nikkas on here, the mixed girls go harder for the movement sometimes than full black people. :sas2:

In typical Coli fashion, I was labeled a liar and all mixed people are c00ns looking for white validation though. :skip:

Hope she doesn't get black balled because of this, but you know how white people are. :francis:
I wouldn't just leave it at mixed girls, some mixed people in general go hard :heh:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
And what story is twerking telling?

Just stop:beli:
Twerking is black culture, if you look at almost all the dances (swing, azonto, wining, sexy walk, mash potato, toe wop, the butt, tootsie roll) we have made since back to Africa, it uses a form of twerking. Black people dance with their hips. White people hoe down and river dance lol.

The word twerking is fairly new but it is just a reimagining of dances before.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Its not about wether or not twerking is positive or something to be proud of. Its the fact that bytches like Miley and Iggy take something that was black originated and use it to become more popular. The fact that they take negative stereotypes and act them out is even more telling considering they take none of the positive. How they act in their videos is how they see black people....as a tool to get them money and nothing more