'Hunger Games' Star Criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for "Rampant" Appropriation of Black Culture

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some of you are fools, with the twerking comments.

Do some research on the types of dance that slaves were using, the types of dances that were developed by BLACKS ad then appropriated by whites during that time to popularize their events, clubs, and music. Really, do your research.

Now, in theory there is nothing wrong with this, but fukking white America does not give a fukk about black America, so they rarely even try to understand what they are appropriating and are only thinking of profit. The sad thing is that often this happens with the help of other black artist/producers who are only thinking of making something hot.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
look at the reach goin on in here :russ:

No pics with black people on Instagram means she's an agent now?:gladbron: :mjlol:

nikkas trying to discredit a 16 year old over some instagram pictures when all she's doing is showing courage by putting herself out there and speaking the truth.....who are the real agents here I wonder :sas1:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Acting was invented by white people. Should she stop borrowing a white profession it get rich? I could see if it was like the 20s where they would completely jack our sound and act like they invented it but Swift and Cyrus gives it up to black folks no one thinks they our taking our culture they are just using it the way Rue uses acting a white intention.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are black people on her instagram.

Having a white boyfriend doesn't somehow mean that's who she's going to end up with, she's 16. I'm sure she dates black boys too.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The girl herself only got her job because she is biracial and cacs wrongfully cast her because of it. The original Rue character from the Hunger Games had "dark brown skin" in the book (I should know, I read it). She looked similar to Thresh, who was dark skin. So white privilege gave this girl her acting start. How ironic.

There are black people on her instagram.

Having a white boyfriend doesn't somehow mean that's who she's going to end up with, she's 16. I'm sure she dates black boys too.

She's whining about the devil and then sleeping with him. It's one or the other.

Last edited:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
[QUOTE="sicc2def, post: 13135669, member: 3655"]Acting was invented by white people. Should she stop borrowing a white profession it get rich? I could see if it was like the 20s where they would completely jack our sound and act like they invented it but Swift and Cyrus gives it up to black folks no one thinks they our taking our culture they are just using it the way Rue uses acting a white intention.[/QUOTE]

Using your imagination and pretending to be someone else was invented by white people? :leostare:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
[QUOTE="sicc2def, post: 13135669, member: 3655"]Acting was invented by white people. Should she stop borrowing a white profession it get rich? I could see if it was like the 20s where they would completely jack our sound and act like they invented it but Swift and Cyrus gives it up to black folks no one thinks they our taking our culture they are just using it the way Rue uses acting a white intention.

Using your imagination and pretending to be someone else was invented by white people? :leostare:
Can't even quote right with your simple ass. Acting as it's known today; from plays to movies is a white invention. What's wrong with that? We created civilization and that still hasn't been topped. The people she named give it up to black folks all the time so much so most of the people they tour with are Americans of African decent so how are they stealing our culture?

Daps
Acting was invented by white people. Should she stop borrowing a white profession it get rich? I could see if it was like the 20s where they would completely jack our sound and act like they invented it but Swift and Cyrus gives it up to black folks no one thinks they our taking our culture they are just using it the way Rue uses acting a white intention.

giphy.gif

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:patrice: You have a counter point? my post right above yours gives more context to that statement. If I'm wrong please let me know with facts and references then I will delete my post

Last edited:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:snoop:

Chinese and Japanese have been doing acting for centuries now. To say Whites invented Acting is an ignorant statement. Ever heard of Noh?
please refer to the post above your original post. In its current form.. but either way it's not an invention of ours so my point still stands and her point is still void.

Daps
Can't even quote right with your simple ass. Acting as it's known today; from plays to movies is a white invention. What's wrong with that? We created civilization and that still hasn't been topped. The people she named give it up to black folks all the time so much so most of the people they tour with are Americans of African decent so how are they stealing our culture?
please refer to the post above your original post. In its current form.. but either way it's not an invention of ours so her point is still void.

No one invented Acting... it's something anyone can do naturally. :snoop: Ancient Egyptians were also writing plays and acting also... so Idk why you keep saying Acting is a white invention.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
No one invented Acting... it's something anyone can do naturally. :snoop: Ancient Egyptians were also writing plays and acting also... so Idk why you keep saying Acting is a white invention.
:ehh: Nice. let me know a couple of the titles please so I can look them up. If we invented acting breh I want to be proud of it

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:mjcry: our people!! all roots can be traced back to us.. Honestly thanks breh but I'm speaking of western theatre. The art she is apart of and gives a percentage of her wages to the union that protects her interest was formed from and for that form of acting.. Your links are important but really have little to do with what I'm referring to.