Huge Empty Open World Games:Jimquistion

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
Been playing a couple of MMOs on pc and and starting to fall back from console gaming..shyt like archeage and Black Desert with full open worlds and pvp are heaven to me. Its to bad that these games in particular are really grindy..

The open world filled with shyt to do is like nothing other tho

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
When your open world doesn't have actuall shyt in it, its no longer a "world". Its just big useless space. These game journalist and reviewers are partially responsible for this shytty trend. These fools practically jizz themselves every time a dev says something is going to be open world and treat it as if its going to be inherently better because of it and half the time it doesn't add shyt to the game except make every damn thing take longer because you have to traverse a large amount of space to get to point A to point B. The whole "collect 150 of this thing" needs to die off as well. That is not meaningful content its gamer OCD garbage.

Batman going open world didn't do shyt for it. Arkham/Gotham City was just one big battle arena, no "world" or city to explore. A lot of games would be better as straightforward focused linear experiences. Putting money and resources to creating these large areas then not putting anything in them worth exploring is dumb and a waste.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why im always like:hhh: when someone says "X game needs to be open world." So y'all can complain when the games comes out about how there's nothing to do and everything just feels like filler?:comeon:
EXACTLY! Leave me favorite games alone everything does not need to be open world.

I like mgs5 but I'm sorry I prefer the original style of game it was. More linear...more story driven...more cinematic set pieces etc.

I hope to god they don't ruin the balance games like uncharted/last of us/tomb have.

I heard watchdogs 2 was good I will give that one a shot. I've been watching my step son play it and I was surprised at how good it looked.

As far as open world games go it seems like I only really like most of the gta games, red dead redemption, and shadow of mordor (and shadow got saved by its dope fighting mechanics and character personality).

Outside of those most of them fail

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I see Zelda BOTW toting it's open world stuff but I hope with it's emphasis on big open world they actually took their time to make it organic and worth going through and not just the usual "destroy enemy base" type desing.

BOTW is being made by Monolith. The same idiots behind Xenoblade. It probably, most likely, will have cookie cutter missions. The side quests in Xenoblade X were fukking retarded.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
To be fair, the point of Mafia 3 has always been to tell you a story, its your choice if you want to do the sidequests.
Should've just made it linear then it was the same damn repetitive side quests. That game is my 2016 WOAT.:camby:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:snoop: I'm really having fun with it, but, Assassin's Creed Odyseey is too damn long.

I beat Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn in the time I've been playing all three.

120 hours is the time it takes me to beat the Mass Effect trilogy. And it feels like that is how long I'll have to play to beat this.

:ufdup:Division's map is perfect. They just should've have hidden all the other players. You should be able to see atleast a dozen or so players on the map at a time without being in a group or Dark Zone