Huge Empty Open World Games:Jimquistion

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Again PC gaming will fix this as this is only a problem with Console gaming. PC worlds never die because of mods/MMOs and having the ability to play a game with a massive world with thousands of other people.

Y'all need to branch y'all gaming interests

Daps
Fallout 4 had a great open world but it got travel wrong once you discover locations you just fast travel and no longer explore. I agree with the lack of a sense of urgency also. Dragon Age had a giant hole in the sky but you're supposed to find this mother fukker's goat.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't think it's more so about just "fetch quests" but more so to do with how some of the games in question pad the game with filler space that hurt the urgency and pacing, empty bland unmemorable locations and generic side quests all to make up the content bullet point.

I felt like GTA V set the bar high. Very few times playing did I feel like the side missions felt cheap. Even the tow truck missions felt like they were sort of important and not just "busy work". Plus the game is well designed, so many locations that are articulately designed.
I know people had this issue with urgency with Fallout 4. you're on a mission to find your son, but stop to do other shyt first. now a lot of this has to do with the player, as a lot of the 'other shyt' is optional, and you could just focus on the main missions. I think we all know that a lot of people purposely do every side quest before advancing the main quest in these types of game... and that led to the whole "leave the hinterlands" meme in Dragon Age Inquisition. sometimes people's gaming habits let themselves get too caught up in all the repetitive filler

The Witcher 3 really did a lot of the same kinda stuff, but just incorporated it in with better writing. many of those quests were, "I'll tell you where I last saw Ciri... after you help me"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Fallout 4 had a great open world but it got travel wrong once you discover locations you just fast travel and no longer explore. I agree with the lack of a sense of urgency also. Dragon Age had a giant hole in the sky but you're supposed to find this mother fukker's goat.
I try to avoid fast traveling in these games. you end up playing different cause you focus more on doing what's near to you, rather than just jumping around the map for one particular mission

Daps
kind of a weirdly timed video, since it doesn't even mention recent examples like Watchdogs 2 and Mafia 3

I don't see any of it as a 'problem'. there's still plenty of linear games, and it's not like they're all inherently better
It's a problem because it's hackneyed game design. I agree that there's other games that aren't open world but the majority of the open world games that are being released are uninspired.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
*cough*MGS5*cough* This seems to be the new wave this gen with these big open world games with barren or boring open environments. This is something that I feel devs need to look towards rockstar and see how its done. Have a huge world with fukk all to do or repetitive sidequest:hhh:

When you make these huge worlds at least make it interesting. Having a variety of missions and not go kill this guy or pointless fetch quest. The main allure at least imo of open world games is having fun a lively world with different things to do, even platformers do this. Just because its big don't mean shyt

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
This forum wack. Nikkas never want to have a discussion about anything.
Have you not had your discussion? Be gone!
raw

i will collect on your next Thread doe:demonic:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
These pussies need save states to beat Super Mario 64

You fake ass gamers, you!

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Because they're not real gamers. Their only concern is if the game can run 60 FPS and masturbate to PS4vsPro comparison videos.

So I'm guessing you missed the numerous stickies gaming threads for the past few months? :mjlol: