Howard Stern appreciation

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Even though I still listen here and there, COVID kinda killed the essence of the show because Howard, Fred and Robin are not at the studio anymore.
I used to enjoy Robin's news but she don't do it anymore.
Gary is still important but I'm not sure why he needs people like JD or John Hein other than Howard has the money for them so he keeps them around.
Ronnie retired and moved to Las Vegas but still has an open line. Shulie left the show and moved to Arkansas.
There's still a few wack packers still alive like Wendy and Jeff the Drunk but you can tell Howard is over it.
Howard is still the best interviewer and the technology is so good now, he does all of his interviews with Zoom from his basement while the person he interviews is at the studio in NYC.
He finally came to the studio last week after 3 years because Bruce Springstein made him for his interview.

covid was the final nail in the coffin. but the show had been falling off steadily for years prior. who wants to listen to a show that used to be predicated on the spontenaity of folks coming into the studio at a moments notice, which is essentially a 3 hour zoom call with no video element anymore? the interviews are stale, too long and formulaic and howard has been phoning it in for well over a decade.

FYI, I heard clips of that springsteen interview, and it was ass just like the rest of the recent covid interviews.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Robin is 70, Fred and Howard are 68 so this will probably be the last contract but why would they quit if SXM is still willing to give them $100M a year for 3 episodes a week with the whole summer off especially with them being able to WFH full-time. I do think Howard would never to the show without Robin.

dude, most people don't even know that show is on the air in 2022. u think howard has enough subscribers listening on sirius to command anywhere near $100M a year??? I certainly don't. not when he does 90 shows a year and sirius charges over $20 a month. I actually believe that they don't even get 100K listeners per show, as I don't know ANYONE who currently listens to it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This gotta be his last contract with Sirius. I was surprised he extended the contract last time. Thought he’d retire or just go the podcast route.

howard would never do podcast as he spent years shytting on them for being "irrelevant" which is the irony of this all, when he's the one who's irrelevant at this point.

I thought he would have retired like 5 years ago, but he's so greedy, he will continue signing contracts with sirius for as long as they will have him. and can u blame him? he works 2-3 days a week and takes 20 weeks off for vacation. it's like 90 shows per year, which is literally nothing.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
dude, most people don't even know that show is on the air in 2022. u think howard has enough subscribers listening on sirius to command anywhere near $100M a year??? I certainly don't. not when he does 90 shows a year and sirius charges over $20 a month. I actually believe that they don't even get 100K listeners per show, as I don't know ANYONE who currently listens to it.
You still care because you've replied to me twice in this thread:pachaha:
They are currently in year 2 of a 5 year $500M contract.
There's still a lot a people who listen or SXM wouldn't pay him that much.
He wouldn't get all the A-list interviews if no one listens. He just got Bruce Springstein for 3 hours, had Harry Styles for the same length.
Drake even used him for a rollout that Howard was amazed by.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You still care because you've replied to me twice in this thread:pachaha:
He wouldn't get all the A-list interviews if no one listens. He just got Bruce Springstein for 3 hours, had Harry Styles for the same length. There's still a lot a people who listen. Drake just used him for a rollout that Howard liked.
They are currently in year 2 of a 5 year $500M contract.

if u think howard got another $500M contract, ur crazy. those numbers are pure :duck: put out by his PR team.

:heh: trolled him for the new album, but there was no chance of him ever coming on.

ur talking about interviews, he did FINALLY get springsteen, but this guy will go weeks without any guests on the show. even this year, he might have only had 15 guest so far.

and just cuz he's doing 2+ hour interviews doesn't make them good. they are the same questions copied and pasted everytime.

he had a long run, but that has been going on autopilot since 2008 or 2009. when he joined AGT, it really went in the shytter. now, he just does a victory lap for 3 hours about how great he is and every interview was the best thing since sliced bread. I swear we are hearing two different shows, cuz nothing remotely funny has happend in years. in fact, the ONLY funny content from him I can remember in recent memory was this leaked tape that was never supposed to get out.

in that horrible powerpoint slidedeck, he clearly admits to not having the reach and listeners he once had. and that was damn near 10 years ago.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
if u think howard got another $500M contract, ur crazy. those numbers are pure :duck: put out by his PR team.

:heh: trolled him for the new album, but there was no chance of him ever coming on.

ur talking about interviews, he did FINALLY get springsteen, but this guy will go weeks without any guests on the show. even this year, he might have only had 15 guest so far.

and just cuz he's doing 2+ hour interviews doesn't make them good. they are the same questions copied and pasted everytime.

he had a long run, but that has been going on autopilot since 2008 or 2009. when he joined AGT, it really went in the shytter. now, he just does a victory lap for 3 hours about how great he is and every interview was the best thing since sliced bread. I swear we are hearing two different shows, cuz nothing remotely funny has happend in years. in fact, the ONLY funny content from him I can remember in recent memory was this leaked tape that was never supposed to get out.

in that horrible powerpoint slidedeck, he clearly admits to not having the reach and listeners he once had. and that was damn near 10 years ago.

You know so much for a guy who doesn't listen. Can't wait for your 6th reply in this thread today :pachaha:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You have given your opinion but you have not provided any real evidence. I provided my opinion that is actually similar yours saying that the show isn't the same anymore but you are shot out of a cannon for no real reason on this. Can't wait for reply #7.

u stated howard is making $500M over 5 years. that makes no sense. he doesn't make more than other personalities with a proven audience size. rogan doesn't make $100M a year and mr beast on youtube "only" makes $54M a year and he has 110M subscribers. that's more than 3 times what sirius as a company has. so please help me understand the math of how howard makes that much money in 2022?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
u stated howard is making $500M over 5 years. that makes no sense. he doesn't make more than other personalities with a proven audience size. rogan doesn't make $100M a year and mr beast on youtube "only" makes $54M a year and he has 110M subscribers. that's more than 3 times what sirius as a company has. so please help me understand the math of how howard makes that much money in 2022?
Legitimate sources have said that. I have no reason to doubt it. That don't mean you can't but its not like I'm pulling that number out of my ass. I can post links if you like. That's always been his salary since he left terrestrial radio. I'm not sure why you are so spun up on this.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Even though I still listen here and there, COVID kinda killed the essence of the show because Howard, Fred and Robin are not at the studio anymore.
1. I used to enjoy Robin's news but she don't do it anymore.
Gary is still important but I'm not sure why he needs people like JD or John Hein other than Howard has the money for them so he keeps them around.
2. Ronnie retired and moved to Las Vegas but still has an open line. Shulie left the show and moved to Arkansas.
3. There's still a few wack packers still alive like Wendy and Jeff the Drunk but you can tell Howard is over it.
Howard is still the best interviewer and the technology is so good now, he does all of his interviews with Zoom from his basement while the person he interviews is at the studio in NYC.
4. He finally came to the studio last week after 3 years because Bruce Springstein made him for his interview.
I had no idea on all the biold.

John the Stutterer and Shulie have YT channels but I never check them
Grillo has a YT channel and the crazy Elliot Offen on it last year. I think EE dropped as he was not being paid (he barely gets views)

The day Robin quirts so will HS and crew.

And yea, most Wack Packers are dead

For #3 you forgot about Elephant boy and Beetlejuice still alive; Beet rarely is on the show as he moved to ATL

prop the last great wack pack skit

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This was where Fred Durst would come on and wouldn't give a fukk..confessing love over Britney Spears and Halle Berry..he didn't want to say one bad thing about Britney..lol...he was so fukking careful with his words..Howard damn near forced him to say he had sex with her....lmao!!!