How Will the Series S Affect Next Gen Multi's and the Series X?

Daps
Now that the Series S has been revealed along with their monthly payment plan, I think MS has done a good job with the pricing of the Series S and Series X

Sony is being annoying right now and I commend MS for leaking the price and getting the ball rolling

As a consumer I love the competition but I wonder what effect the Series S will have on next gen multiplatform games, and on the Series X

If the Series S becomes popular and sells out, won't developers use it as the base system for next gen multiplatform games and Series X/PC exclusives unless it is cross gen then it would be the PS4/Xbox One X?

Remedy and COD dev thoughts

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Developers are not going to potentially slash half their market. They will cater to the underpowered, cheap Series S and PS5 will get some superior ports because of it.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
one of those talking heads said they are developing high primarily then dumbing down for the S

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
apparently the S has the same CPU as the X, so the real difference is the GPU. that should mean the difference will be resolution, framerate, and graphics options, not the overall scale of the games

Framerates can't vastly impact a gaming experience?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Just some more unnecessary bullshyt MS introduces to the industry
They were talking out the side of their neck bout developing for last gen wouldn't affect next gen
Then we saw Halo :merchant:
I guess when you tired of getting your ass kicked, you'll try any tactic possible

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Framerates can't vastly impact a gaming experience?

sure, if the game runs at 13 fps. but I'm talking more about the difference between 30 and 60, or even higher since now consoles are talking about 120fps, and supporting variable refresh rates. it might not even be the case, since games can adjust other options to keep the framerate consistent across different versions

obviously if people want the best experience they should cop a.... PC :win:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Will there ever be a game that takes advantage of the Series X's power?
you keep saying this. if a game pushes the CPU and GPU to near 100%, is it taking advantage of the Series X's power? it's pretty easy to do with a high resolution and framerate

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sohh were really doing this again?
@GoldenGlove @Barnett114 @Rain

The console wars, mostly Sony heads exist here right? So can you please for the love of God, please stop these guys from ruining this forum? These are not jokes here, where's the punchline? It's just repeated nonsense add false narratives. I mean look at this...
Now that the Series S has been revealed along with their monthly payment plan, I think MS has done a good job with the pricing of the Series S and Series X

Sony is being annoying right now and I commend MS for leaking the price and getting the ball rolling

As a consumer I love the competition but I wonder what effect the Series S will have on next gen multiplatform games, and on the Series X

If the Series S becomes popular and sells out, won't developers use it as the base system for next gen multiplatform games and Series X/PC exclusives unless it is cross gen then it would be the PS4/Xbox One X?

Remedy and COD dev thoughts

Apparently somehow the series s will be the head platform for PC, Xbox, PlayStation/etc. That's how great a value Sony heads fear this is :wow:
The pared-down GPU and RAM/memory bandwidth is likely going to be a problem a few years into the generation. It'll be fine for now given that almost everything is still cross-gen.
Are you basing this off anything other than your hemroids? You think later this upcoming gen developers will not target 4k/60 or higher because a weaker version console might run it at 1440p upscaled at 60 with VRR so you wouldn't notice any hiccups/tearing anyway? How do they develop games on PC then since you all have PC for multiplats right? No reason to get an Xbox because you all have PC's that scale across hundred's of configurations without question. But those same developers can't scale between extremely similar console hardware configurations?

Boot on neck season my nikkaz :camby:
Just some more unnecessary bullshyt MS introduces to the industry
They were talking out the side of their neck bout developing for last gen wouldn't affect next gen
Then we saw Halo :merchant:
I guess when you tired of getting your ass kicked, you'll try any tactic possible
I hear you, try not to ignore this. I know you was just doing your job and keeping things MANDATORY but but but...
Halo Infinite dev says there are "no plans" to cancel Xbox One release, despite rumors | GamesRadar+

Now who ever told you otherwise? Oh wait, your guys created that narrative and here you are still repeating it like when kojima claimed the ps3 was Superior to the 360 even tho it had a weaker gpu. fukk reality as long as somebody told you different :snoop:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Sohh were really doing this again?
@GoldenGlove @Barnett114 @Rain

The console wars, mostly Sony heads exist here right? So can you please for the love of God, please stop these guys from ruining this forum? These are not jokes here, where's the punchline? It's just repeated nonsense add false narratives. I mean look at this...

Apparently somehow the series s will be the head platform for PC, Xbox, PlayStation/etc. That's how great a value Sony heads fear this is :wow:

Are you basing this off anything other than your hemroids? You think later this upcoming gen developers will not target 4k/60 or higher because a weaker version console might run it at 1440p upscaled at 60 with VRR so you wouldn't notice any hiccups/tearing anyway? How do they develop games on PC then since you all have PC for multiplats right? No reason to get an Xbox because you all have PC's that scale across hundred's of configurations without question. But those same developers can't scale between extremely similar console hardware configurations?

Boot on neck season my nikkaz :camby:

I hear you, try not to ignore this. I know you was just doing your job and keeping things MANDATORY but but but...
Halo Infinite dev says there are "no plans" to cancel Xbox One release, despite rumors | GamesRadar+

Now who ever told you otherwise? Oh wait, your guys created that narrative and here you are still repeating it like when kojima claimed the ps3 was Superior to the 360 even tho it had a weaker gpu. fukk reality as long as somebody told you different :snoop:
:mjlol::russ:

this idiot complaining about other people running the forum

There is a reason your ass has a thread creation limit per day

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
@PS4

4k/60 with current gen graphical fidelity (like Halo Infinite). It's a wrap once we move on to 2nd generation titles. On PC you have several targets and if a config doesn't fit, you can raise recommended specs to remove that target/configuration. With the Series S, you have 1 target, so you will *have* to make it fit on that one and it will likely pull everything else down as a result. You're delusional anyway and believe Hellblade 2 will run at native 4k/60 and look like that BS video, so... :manny:

A developer from Remedy had this to say. They're working on an exclusive for MS too (CrossfireX).