How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Baltimore, Chicago, DC, NYC, Detroit, LA, Miami, are the major cities everyone knows. Murder more than average. Drug use more than average. Income inequality more than average. Racial inequality (jobs, housing, pay) blatant. Dems run those cities. There's enough truth there to make a case.
OK, all that is true. But, I care about my people. My people aren't living safely in these areas.
It's just the nature of big cities, has nothing to do with who is in power. That many people weren't meant to live in such close proximity.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Well I mean, maybe if you're going to completely ignore historical context (ie. white flight and racism) and ignore the fact that almost every big city regardless of poverty/crime rates is run by Dems.

Of course I'm sure I could find plenty of shytty rural towns/states run by Republicans and point out problems with them, but I doubt the NYTimes would ever do that...
I think that video blamed the constituents more than the governance. Felt like people in Dem areas want equality but as long as it's not near them so they will vote for Dem candidates but will oppose policies that would impact their neighborhood.

At least, that's how I understood it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Baltimore, Chicago, DC, NYC, Detroit, LA, Miami, are the major cities everyone knows. Murder more than average. Drug use more than average. Income inequality more than average. Racial inequality (jobs, housing, pay) blatant. Dems run those cities. There's enough truth there to make a case.

OK, all that is true. But, I care about my people. My people aren't living safely in these areas.

Is this the TLR?

Daps
I feel less hope now under a Biden and democrat controlled congress than I EVER did under Trump.

This country ain't shyt. And Democrats live it as much as Republicans.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel less hope now under a Biden and democrat controlled congress than I EVER did under Trump.

This country ain't shyt. And Democrats live it as much as Republicans.
I don't see why. Republicans and people like Manchin are just blocking and obstructing everything they don't approve of anyway. The only real difference is there isn't a egotistical sociopath in the Whitehouse.

Daps
I don't see why. Republicans and people like Manchin are just blocking and obstructing everything they don't approve of anyway. The only real difference is there isn't a egotistical sociopath in the Whitehouse.
Under Trump i thought dems would come back with a vengeance and get things done. I was motivated to vote.

Now they're in charge and they're TRYING to hand power back to republicans.

shyt is getting tiring.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Remarks by President Biden on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal | The White House

And the irony is: People have more money now because of the first major piece of legislation I passed. You all got checks for $1,400. You got checks for a whole range of things. If you’re a mom and you have kids under the age of 7, you’re getting 300 bucks a month, and if it’s over — over 7 to 17, you’re getting $360 a month — like wealthy people used to when they’d get back tax returns. It changes people’s lives.

But what happens if there’s nothing to buy and you got more money? You compete for getting it there. It creates a real problem.

So, on the one hand, we’re facing new disruptions to our supplies. But at the same time, we’re also experiencing higher demand for goods because wages are up, as well as — as well as people have money in the bank. And because of the strength of our economic recovery, American families have been able to buy more products.

And — but guess what? They’re not going out to dinner and lunch and going to the local bars because of COVID. So what are they doing? They’re staying home, they’re ordering online, and they’re buying product.

Well, with more people with money buying product and less product to buy, what happens? The supply chain is the reason, and the answer is you guys — and I’ll get to that in a minute — but what happens? Prices go up.

So, we got nearly 20 percent more goods coming into the country than we did before the pandemic struck.

In 19 day- — excuse me — COVID-19 has changed the way we spend our time and our money. More products are being delivered than ever before.

That’s because people have a little more breathing room than they did last year, and that’s a good thing.

But it also means we got a higher demand for goods at the same time we’re facing disruptions in the supplies to make those goods. There’s a reci- — this is a recipe for delays and for higher prices, and people are feeling it. They’re feeling it. Did you ever think you’d be paying this much for a gallon of gas? In some parts of California, they’re paying $4.50 a gallon.

That’s why it’s so important that we do everything in our power to stabilize the supply chain.

Does that sound like he saying the stimulus checks is helping cause inflation?