How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, said Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents by 7-1 (44%-6%) said he's done worse, not better, than they expected.

Americans overwhelmingly supported the infrastructure bill that Biden is about to sign. But they were split on the more expensive and more far-reaching Build Back Better Act now being debated in Congress. Only one in four said the bill's provisions would help them and their families.

I think the results are pretty expected. Seeing the BIF stall for months and nothing nailed down on the BBB allowed people to strongly push the idea that democrats don't want to pass legislation.

There will likely be a rebound here after the BIF passed and a little more when the BBB passed.

That said, the bolded is interesting because while I think the BBB is a net positive almost none of it benefits me as a mid/upper middle class individual. I think I made similar complaints about the Trump tax cuts when actually caused my taxes to go up just tiny bit.

Student debt relief won't hit me here, but it will help almost everyone I know in a similar demographic and he should take action here before Christmas.

Also, the results probably compound off the back of VA results.

Lastly, with how polarized our political environment is I'm thinking around 52% plus or minus a few points is probably the realistic ceiling for polls.

*glad to see kamala tanking so we don't have to entertain her running for POTUS ever.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

It doesn't matter. This is such a childish argument. The economy is great on paper but a lot of people are suffering, which makes any touchdown celebrations feel off. Unemployment is down but labor participation is still a problem because shyt ton of people (what, a million?) are simply gone from the work force and we don't know how/why still. Part of that is covid deaths, part is sick people, etc. But still.

These guys got elected in the midst of an economic collapse and the message is "we're getting back to normal." A normal that was not working for people. People still sitting around thinking about rent and how much of their paycheck goes to it. Sitting around thinking about being stuck in the low wage grind. The economy is not a winning angle right now.

It's over. Midterms will be a disaster and as long as republicans are smart enough not to nominate Trump, they will win the WH. Call it like it is. The general response people have right now is "these dudes aren't doing shyt" and regardless of the validity...it's sticking.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Joe got Virginia off the front page and got something passsd. That in itself is a win.

It's a small win if that but Dems have A LOT of work to do and they gone have to get some of them folks within the party to fall in line line among party rank.