How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

I mean, that's a fair stance at least. I don't 'entirely' agree with the idea that the position is designed for a civilian anymore with how gov/mil/civ has blended over the past few decades.... but if spending and limitations along with oversight are an issue, then its on congress to reel that in. They could initiate an entire overhaul of the military priority and balance by simply saying that a new national defense bill won't go through until there's been a completed review.

Congress passing the buck around here shouldn't really distract from the man as a candidate

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
MSNBC saying Doug Jones the leading contender for AG. They (and other outlets) were wrong on the Defense nominee so we'll see what happens.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda shocked how people are looking to tear down Austin of all people. Flournoy was all about some of the most distasteful stuff in foreign policy...
She wanted to revisit Syria and Libya! Hard no. And the women complaining are giving straight ammo to He Man Club who complain about corporate women in the first place.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I mean, that's a fair stance at least. I don't 'entirely' agree with the idea that the position is designed for a civilian anymore with how gov/mil/civ has blended over the past few decades.... but if spending and limitations along with oversight are an issue, then its on congress to reel that in. They could initiate an entire overhaul of the military priority and balance by simply saying that a new national defense bill won't go through until there's been a completed review.

Congress passing the buck around here shouldn't really distract from the man as a candidate
Is Lloyd even expected to be granted that waiver? :patrice:

Have rethugs started complaining yet? :mjpls:
Biden has too many hanger ons man. Way too many.

The Democrats!

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Is Lloyd even expected to be granted that waiver? :patrice:

Have rethugs started complaining yet? :mjpls:
Many of them are :hubie: but after Mattis, I don't know. Especially when everyone fukking loved Mattis until Trump threw a hissy fit about a reasonable disagreement in policy and use of military. (Particularly on the border and leaving Afghanistan/Syria when possible)
She wanted to revisit Syria and Libya! Hard no. And the women complaining are giving straight ammo to He Man Club who complain about corporate women in the first place.
While I understand her reasonings.... I generally disagree with a lot of what she was all about. Most people should - and I think that anyone who feels strongly about preemptive wars, the trend of arms deals, and her version of human rights protection should really measure those things against their other priorities.

You can be a woman and a warmonger at the same time :sas1: but some people don't want to hear that :sas2:

For the record, I think Flournoy is legit... just don't want her making SECDEF decisions.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course I don't agree with every single criticism of every single Biden pick, but everybody knew what time it was when he got elected: he ran on uniting the country and appealing to different groups, and those groups said during the election that they were going to push him. They're just holding up their end of the bargain, which they have every right to do since Biden works for us. Will he make every group happy all the time? Of course not, and it seems that when he tries to appease one he pisses off one of the others. But all these different groups--black voters, latinos, natives, women, progressives--expressing their voices is a good thing. I'd rather they be engaged now than say nothing and be disillusioned because he couldn't read their minds. And the more he listens to these groups, the less likely he is to listen to the John Kasichs of the world, and the more likely he is to keep somebody like Rahm Emanuel out of his cabinet. :scust:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many of them are :hubie: but after Mattis, I don't know. Especially when everyone fukking loved Mattis until Trump threw a hissy fit about a reasonable disagreement in policy and use of military. (Particularly on the border and leaving Afghanistan/Syria when possible)

While I understand her reasonings.... I generally disagree with a lot of what she was all about. Most people should - and I think that anyone who feels strongly about preemptive wars, the trend of arms deals, and her version of human rights protection should really measure those things against their other priorities.

You can be a woman and a warmonger at the same time :sas1: but some people don't want to hear that :sas2:

For the record, I think Flournoy is legit... just don't want her making SECDEF decisions.
They not hearing you though. And you can't, "I'm taking this position because men will judge me" that's passing the buck and not analyze the situation the ground.
Of course I don't agree with every single criticism of every single Biden pick, but everybody knew what time it was when he got elected: he ran on uniting the country and appealing to different groups, and those groups said during the election that they were going to push him. They're just holding up their end of the bargain, which they have every right to do since Biden works for us. Will he make every group happy all the time? Of course not, and it seems that when he tries to appease one he pisses off one of the others. But all these different groups--black voters, latinos, natives, women, progressives--expressing their voices is a good thing. I'd rather they be engaged now than say nothing and be disillusioned because he couldn't read their minds. And the more he listens to these groups, the less likely he is to listen to the John Kasichs of the world, and the more likely he is to keep somebody like Rahm Emanuel out of his cabinet. :scust:
He made these promises. Has to live with them.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They not hearing you though. And you can't, "I'm taking this position because men will judge me" that's passing the buck and not analyze the situation the ground.
He made these promises. Has to live with them.
I take foreign policy more seriously than most and this entire election cycle (and the past few years really) have generally ignored a lot, been dismissive, or flat out misrepresented a lot of really impactful shyt going on in the world.

For example, I don't like Trump - but I will say that people thinking he was trying to start WW3 every day for 4 years are legit powerless to media narratives. The dude ran from more wars than any president in recent memory.

But anyways... I think Austin is a good pick and some stability at that position is MUCH needed. He should be able to do that better than anyone else.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm confused at where these people are supposed to work after leaving government for you all to be happy. :jbhmm:
Nothing wrong with getting a job at a corporation you were supposed to regulate and then triple dip and go back to the government to regulate that corporation again.

I wonder who might give these people a huge payout after they leave government again in 4 years :jbhmm: