How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Media accepting right wing framing of an issue can be just as true as it's silly to be upset that some networks arent acting like a left wing fox news for this administration while criticizing fox news for being overly biased in favor of opposing narratives.

Obviously the press wasnt "helpful" nor focused on the 100 day agenda however I dont find it to be logically consistent to want them to be overly "helpful" either

The fact remains that money is the motive and if viewership is going down they are going to lock in on hotbed issues that rile people up to sucker them into staying on the channel for "analysis" after the "reporting" is over and done with

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The border situation isn't a media invention, they're just (sensationally, imo) choosing to highlight it now because it plays well on TV (same reason they highlighted it under Trump) and feeds one of the hot take industrial complex (true) narratives of Democratic hypocrisy. It's a fair play story under both pre-Trump and Trump-era rules. Look, I'm all for making Noam Chomsky the managing editor for all national press outfits, but the impetus for that change isn't because Biden is getting unfair questions from a press corp unwilling to fete his wins or whatever, it's that he should be getting pressed harder but on the right line of questioning.
You answered you own question though. People are complaining because the questions where vrap and did other to inform the American people.
For me, that's a good start. You need to separate folks thinking Biden needed easy questions with people legitimately calling out crappy journalism.

Time to get back to honest reporting and end ratings driven coverage.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the filibuster is the single most important factor blocking legislative progress on the Biden Agenda, so I think it's fine for the press to keep up the pressure on that angle. Kaitlin Collins' dumbass line of questioning aside, I think this was a regular press conference, don't know why some of these people are getting their panties in a bunch because Biden is facing some non-softball questions. That being said, I would have liked to see some questions about what foreign policy lessons the Biden Administration is learning from America's history of destabilizing actions in Latin America, which is the logical conclusion of Biden's "in-country" comment, and how exactly they plan to ameliorate those problems. I would have liked to see more questions pressing on executive orders if the filibuster reform he's lukewarm on doesn't get enacted. Would have liked some questions about his healthcare prioritization. But other than that, seemed like a normal press conference, not some extraordinary disgrace. It's funny, people are claiming the Press is still in Trump-mode when it's the phalanx of Democratic/Biden booster lambasting the press who are displaying Trump brain poisoning.

Media accepting right wing framing of an issue can be just as true as it's silly to be upset that some networks arent acting like a left wing fox news for this administration while criticizing fox news for being overly biased in favor of opposing narratives.

Obviously the press wasnt "helpful" nor focused on the 100 day agenda however I dont find it to be logically consistent to want them to be overly "helpful" either

The fact remains that money is the motive and if viewership is going down they are going to lock in on hotbed issues that rile people up to sucker them into staying on the channel for "analysis" after the "reporting" is over and done with

Nobody asked for that though.

Nobody had a problem with Biden facing tough questions. The problem was the media trying to make a controversy out of any issue they could because their ratings are shyt right now (except for Fox News, who has rebounded). They demanded this press conference, which they have every right to do, but tried to play into the idea that Biden was too scared or too senile to do a solo presser, and his handlers wouldn't let him because they didn't want this poor addled octogenarian to go up there and embarrass himself. Then when he gets up there for an hour acting like regular Joe Biden (love him or hate him), they proceed to ask if he's gonna run against Trump in 2024, or if Kamala will be his running mate. :what:

Nothing about that is 'tough' or 'challenging.' That's just them trying to sow division because they saw how good the Trump/Pence falling out was for ratings. I'm surprised they didn't ask him why he hasn't euthanized his dog yet. :unimpressed:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

Nobody had a problem with Biden facing tough questions. The problem was the media trying to make a controversy out of any issue they could because their ratings are shyt right now (except for Fox News, who has rebounded). They demanded this press conference, which they have every right to do, but tried to play into the idea that Biden was too scared or too senile to do a solo presser, and his handlers wouldn't let him because they didn't want this poor addled octogenarian to go up there and embarrass himself. Then when he gets up there for an hour acting like regular Joe Biden (love him or hate him), they proceed to ask if he's gonna run against Trump in 2024, or if Kamala will be his running mate. :what:

Nothing about that is 'tough' or 'challenging.' That's just them trying to sow division because they saw how good the Trump/Pence falling out was for ratings. I'm surprised they didn't ask him why he hasn't euthanized his dog yet. :unimpressed:

agreed

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

I absolutely agree with your underlying arguments about the mainstream press, but I do think there is an entire network of public commentators who do have a problem with Biden facing tough questions. They're the types of people in the tweets Nap was posting. It's the #Resistance folks whose political consciousness was awakened by Trump's awfulness and only know a world of tribal party politics. You will never see a critical word about Biden come out of their mouths because "that's helping the other side!". The ratings-driven bullshyt coverage by the mainstream press is one of the most noxious ills in our body politic, but these people aren't asking for the ratings-driven questions to be replaced with substance, they're asking for it to be replaced with extolling.