How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Biden did what his power allows for but it's still not enough to stop the wave of state legislation that's been coming. They need action in Congress.
There has to be pressure from the WH on Manchin and Sinema to have them nuke the filibuster to get HR1 passed. Sinema should be smart to know that the voter suppression laws passed by the AZ state legislature will effect her senate re-election chances in the future. The success or failure of HR1 will determine if we are a democracy or a nation in on the path of one party fascist authoritarian minority rule over all branches of government. The stakes are high. Dems already know they will lose the house in 2022 so the best bet is to pass it is this year. We may never have a chance again. I’m glad all of democrats are raising the alarm of this. We shall see if the blue dog Democrats sabotage the party like they did under Clinton and Obama. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There has to be pressure from the WH on Manchin and Sinema to have them nuke the filibuster to get HR1 passed. Sinema should be smart to know that the voter suppression laws passed by the AZ state legislature will effect her senate re-election chances in the future.

i don't think she's smart enough but she should be sat down in a room somewhere with the PowerPoint going. Maybe then she'll get it.

Joe gotta get this infrastructure done too but it sounds (at least right now) that Manchin is for that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
His preference may not be to end it and Kate doesn't have to say so, but he also knows what's up. shyt gotta move. Reconciliation is a very limited option and the GQP ain't giving an inch, so... :jbhmm:
Former Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday he expects Republicans will have an "epiphany" when President Donald Trump leaves office, and will embrace working with Democratic colleagues.

"I just think there is a way, and the thing that will fundamentally change things is with Donald Trump out of the White House. Not a joke. You will see an epiphany occur among many of my Republican friends," Biden said during a campaign stop in New Hampshire. "It's already beginning in the House now ... If we can't change, we're in trouble. This nation cannot function without generating consensus. It can't do it."

He campaigned on it and really believes it.
Biden: Republicans will want to work with Dems after Trump leaves office

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

Manchin already showing some flexibility on filibuster, now implying he OK adjusting it to a talking filibuster

I have no doubt R’s are shameless and would get up there to do an oral reading of an unrelated book or some shyt just to stall a bill...but this would at least make it harder and more transparently ridiculous for them to do this on everything that comes to the senate

It's not really a new position for him as he's voted for similar measures in the past. You'd think that reporters would look into his previous positions before asking him questions about his position.

While I don't know if she'll be a problem, I think Sinema's filibuster overtures have been more ignorant especially given her newness to the chamber. Kelly's existence also makes her behavior less tolerable since they share a constituency and he's up for reelectiom in 2022.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

So Bernie lied for weeks and let several people including the VP get thrown under the bus when he knew all long he didn't have the votes. :unimpressed:

It's still fukk Manchin and Sinema, but Bernie should not be let off the hook for botching this so badly. :smh:

I love how it's always Bernie's fault no matter what :russ:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Manchin already showing some flexibility on filibuster, now implying he OK adjusting it to a talking filibuster

I have no doubt R’s are shameless and would get up there to do an oral reading of an unrelated book or some shyt just to stall a bill...but this would at least make it harder and more transparently ridiculous for them to do this on everything that comes to the senate

It's not really a new position for him as he's voted for similar measures in the past. You'd think that reporters would look into his previous positions before asking him questions about his position.

While I don't know if she'll be a problem, I think Sinema's filibuster overtures have been more ignorant especially given her newness to the chamber. Kelly's existence also makes her behavior less tolerable since they share a constituency and he's up for reelectiom in 2022.

Sinema's dumbass says she wants 60 votes for everything restored from judicial nominations, cabinet appointments, legislation and an end to budget reconciliation.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

So Bernie lied for weeks and let several people including the VP get thrown under the bus when he knew all long he didn't have the votes. :unimpressed:

It's still fukk Manchin and Sinema, but Bernie should not be let off the hook for botching this so badly. :smh:

I keep saying...the kayfabe around this dude is dangerous and shouldn't be ignored.

these antics are going to wear thin.