How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it because I'm more productive? Or is it so they won't get sued?

:ohhh:

Imagine disregarding the fundamental issue of safety to make a productivity argument.

Breh, every company and industry makes its own determinations. In many cases, WFH is doubly beneficial for the company (productivity and legal liability). If they had passed a bill granting legal immunity from covid related lawsuits (like I believe the GOP wanted), some companies might have watered down their WFH policies (staggered office hours/hybrid schedules etc).

Just stating facts.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
lmao. you lost this one, breh.

I get paid to do absolutely nothing but browse the coli. I work 30 hours and get paid for 40. I'm chillin'.

at the same time, there are kids struggling heavily with this online education and there are parents struggling heavily to keep food on the table and be teachers at home.

There's no logical reason that so many other businesses and offices and services can be open, but not schools.
The logical reason is that classrooms by nature of their design are super spreader scenarios.

You cram a bunch of people daily into poorly ventilated areas and hope for the best.

The fact that you all are attempting to compare the interactions at a super market or sitting in your own office/cubicle to packing kids on a bus and sending them to school is nonsensical.

Anyone who has children knows how often you get alerted for someone having Covid, having to quarantine your child at home due to close contact, or worse spreading Covid through your entire family which can have varied affects.

You're asking why kids aren't in school because it's harm reduction.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Breh, every company and industry makes its own determinations. In many cases, WFH is doubly beneficial for the company (productivity and legal liability). If they had passed a bill granting legal immunity from covid related lawsuits (like I believe the GOP wanted), some companies might have watered down their WFH policies (staggered office hours/hybrid schedules etc).

Just stating facts.
But you're not even addressing the point, which was,

The reason I am working from home and people have done remote learning is because they merely don't view it as safe for in person learning. The fact that you bring up lawsuits over and over means you at least accept that.

And most people who are currently working from home will return back to the office in some capacity once a large portion of society is vaccinated - - and it won't be a conversation around productivity.

Which is the sensible explanation for schools.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I dont begrudge teachers who have medical issues or are caring for older/sicker family members not wanting to go back in person until vaccinated.

The problem I had with a lot of the teachers/unions (at least here in Chicago) is that they kept using Black/Brown kids as a shield as though their primary concern was in protecting them from infection. And they created this strawman suggesting that ppl who wanted some option for in school instruction (even if it were hybrid) were in fact advocating mandating FULL return for all kids and all grades (none of which was ever suggested).

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Just simply put the reason schools aren't open is because of how poorly the US handled its initial response to Covid.

The rate of infection is just too high in most communities to allow for a safe reopening.

Here's how Denmark safely reopened schools in a pandemic without requiring masks

In the early weeks of the pandemic, Denmark reopened elementary schools without worsening its coronavirus outbreak or putting children in danger. That success story did not go unnoticed. With fall classes beginning across the United States, should American schools adopt Denmark’s strategy?

The short answer, experts say, is not if the virus is actively spreading in their communities.

On Monday, 71 of 82 counties in Mississippi reported positive SARS-CoV-2 cases totaling 199 students and 245 teachers at schools.

“It doesn't mean they caught it there [at school], most likely they brought it with them when they were going to school, that they caught from the community,” said state health officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs.

Megan Ranney, an emergency physician and director for the Center for Digital Health at Brown University, referred to the Mississippi outbreaks in an interview with Vox. “This is exactly what we’ve been warning about — when you have high levels of COVID in the community, you will have cases showing up in schools, just because people are catching it out in the community,” Ranney said.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you're not even addressing the point, which was,

The reason I am working from home and people have done remote learning is because they merely don't view it as safe for in person learning. The fact that you bring up lawsuits over and over means you at least accept that.

And most people who are currently working from home will return back to the office in some capacity once a large portion of society is vaccinated - - and it won't be a conversation around productivity.

Which is the sensible explanation for schools.

I mention this in another post but in many districts parents were given a choice and oftentimes many chose remote - which is perfectly OK with me. For instance in our neighborhood school appx 50% of the Pre K and Kindergarten parents chose in school. This meant you would have classes with less than 10 kids, in large rooms outfitted with new ventilation systems, mandated masks, socially distanced desks w/ barriers, daily temperature/health screeners, contact tracing etc etc. That is about as safe as you can get. In places like Chicago, it's actually kids staying HOME that increases transmission bc their parents/family members go in and out, working non WFH jobs. Schools are one of the few places where rigorous safety measures are mandated.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The logical reason is that classrooms by nature of their design are super spreader scenarios.

You cram a bunch of people daily into poorly ventilated areas and hope for the best.

The fact that you all are attempting to compare the interactions at a super market or sitting in your own office/cubicle to packing kids on a bus and sending them to school is nonsensical.

Anyone who has children knows how often you get alerted for someone having Covid, having to quarantine your child at home due to close contact, or worse spreading Covid through your entire family which can have varied affects.

You're asking why kids aren't in school because it's harm reduction.
Buses are packed already. Public transit is operating why can't school buses?

If my local Wing Stop has 10 employees in that tight ass kitchen, kids and teachers can be in class

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I mention this in another post but in many districts parents were given a choice and oftentimes many chose remote - which is perfectly OK with me. For instance in our neighborhood school appx 50% of the Pre K and Kindergarten parents chose in school. This meant you would have classes with less than 10 kids, in large rooms outfitted with new ventilation systems, mandated masks, socially distanced desks w/ barriers, daily temperature/health screeners, contact tracing etc etc. That is about as safe as you can get. In places like Chicago, it's actually kids staying HOME that increases transmission bc their parents/family members go in and out, working non WFH jobs. Schools are one of the few places where rigorous safety measures are mandated.
Say it with me. You're tired of your kids being at home.

No need for all the juelzing.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't have children. I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with talking about them.
its part of the overall discussion about political cowardice. talking about "schools are closed in europe" meanwhile theyre open in several places in america :heh:

i get it, breh. if a republican told you the sky was blue, and a democrat told you the sky was green, youd find some way to listen to the democrat

i actually kinda respect it :mjlol: its a conscious effort