How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
It was pretty obvious the minimum wage increase wouldn't survive reconciliation. Maybe there's a hail mary but I doubt it. Everything else in the bill looks good although I wish they'd up the state aid from 350B to 500B.
Yeah I didn’t see the minimum wage thing working out. Even though it would be phased over a period of years, there was still going to be significant job lost and stress on small businesses trying to recover from this pandemic.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I am pleasantly surprised at how much Biden is just going after stuff. Now I know that Biden is white, and if he was black that he would have a harder time. Still he is just forcing people's hands that not even Clinton was doing. Yes this is just executive orders and not everything will pass, but I get this vibe already that Biden isn't just sitting in waiting, he just evaluates and leads.

Not every president will be the best, but as a president you have make decisions that won't be liked in the short run and rely on them to be fruitful long-term.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am pleasantly surprised at how much Biden is just going after stuff. Now I know that Biden is white, and if he was black that he would have a harder time. Still he is just forcing people's hands that not even Clinton was doing. Yes this is just executive orders and not everything will pass, but I get this vibe already that Biden isn't just sitting in waiting, he just evaluates and leads.

Not every president will be the best, but as a president you have make decisions that won't be liked in the short run and rely on them to be fruitful long-term.
He aint livin up to that Sleepy nickname, thats for sure. Hes kept his foot on the gas since inauguration.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

Experience matters. Bill Clinton was a newbie to Washington DC and was also relatively young in age - he was just 47 years old in 1993. The DC politicos weren't going to let young Bubba from Arkansas bully them :mjlol:.

Joe is the opposite of Bill. Biden has almost 50 years of experience in the DC politics and he's the oldest president ever. A key problem for the last 3 Democratic presidents before Biden (Carter, Clinton, Obama) is that they lacked deep knowledge of DC politics. Jimmy Carter was a peanut farmer and governor in Georgia. Bill was just a good ol' boy governor in Arkansas. Obama was just a one-term U.S. Senator.

Joe has the most political experience of any Democratic president since Lyndon B. Johnson. Hopefully, Joe will be similar to LBJ when it comes to domestic policy but obviously much better than LBJ when it comes to foreign policy.