How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Daps
I read that if they move the minimum wage $10, no jobs would be lost as opposed to $15 where millions would be lost. Biden is looking for bipartisan support, so a happy medium would be $10.

That's not good enough for workers in metro areas.

I would be open to some sort of split between urban/suburban and rural wage rate hikes, but I don't know what that would look like at all.

Daps
Very unlikely to happen. Manchin is opposed and Dems can't pass this through reconciliation - so they would have to get rid of the filibuster.

I think you can as long as you establish some sort of budgetary change (i.e. passing legalization and then a federal tax on marijuana sales). The Dems can also change the rules about what can be passed through reconciliation since they control the chamber.

Though when it comes to it anyway, a) you'd need ten GOP votes if passing it or eleven GOP votes if Manchin doesn't want it if you keep the filibuster, and b) you'd still need Manchin to get this through reconciliation, and I don't think that Manchin will be the single vote that stops the leadership of the party from doing what they want to do when it all comes down to it. I think he'll fall back under the pressure.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

NBC News
@NBCNews
JUST IN: Senate votes 50-49 along party lines to start debate on the budget resolution using procedure that would allow Democrats to pass the WH Covid relief bill with 50 votes, instead of needing 60 required to bypass a normal legislative filibuster; 50 hours of debate begins.
4:18 PM · Feb 2, 2021

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
tenor.gif