How to increase lifting stamina?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I wish i had someone to go to the gym with me and teach me. Maybe i should hire a personal trainer...
Yeah if you don't have any friends that know what they are doing to do so you should hire a PT at least for a little bit to get the basics down or the moves you aren't currently good at.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Personal trainers wont be able to teach proper squat form

No creep life u should have someone at your gym record your squat form and post it here. We might be able to salvage it or give you pointers to make it easier. My wife is only like 5'11" with a 33" inseam and she can squat OK. NOT GREAT but OK enough. Lot of people do the online coaching thing and are often better than PTs. Not all PTs are bad but most are IMO.
That makes no sense at all but as a lot of things we seem to have different experiences

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
Post your full routine. Your leg day is a mess. You should only have 1-2 heavy movements, and the rest are accessory lifts.
Sunday i tried out my new gym's V-squat machine, did 3 sets of 10 with 15lbs, then leg extensions 3 sets of 10 at 65 lbs, then single leg extension 3 sets of 10 at 35 lbs,then seated calf raises 3 sets 15 reps 15 lbs. After that i hit the wall of fatigue and couldnt do anything else.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
That makes no sense at all but as a lot of things we seem to have different experiences
OK, MOST personal trainers won't. 99% of the ones I met don't squat themselves nor have I ever seen one teaching the barbell squat. None of their certifications call for it and most people who get them aren't looking for it. I don't think she should bother, if that's what she wants.

PTs are mainly to help with learning the moves and to stay motivated. OP is good on both fronts. The average PT won't be able to do much

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Take another look at your pre workout nutrition. Are you sure you hydrated before and during your workouts? Water won't cut it and will not hydrate your body properly. Electrolytes are a must to avoid fatigue. Lastly, are you using too many working sets and sleeping well?

If you have a preworkout meal bcaas are worthless unless you want flavored water. Something like cyclic dextrin, powerade zero, gaterade g2 stacked with L-Citrulline and Taurine will help. If you insist on bcaas, eaas are proven to aid endurance.

Good luck

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Sunday i tried out my new gym's V-squat machine, did 3 sets of 10 with 15lbs, then leg extensions 3 sets of 10 at 65 lbs, then single leg extension 3 sets of 10 at 35 lbs,then seated calf raises 3 sets 15 reps 15 lbs. After that i hit the wall of fatigue and couldnt do anything else.

Try cutting it down to sets of 2 at 6-15 reps. Maybe let go of your current workout program? Push-Pull workout every other day:ld:

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

That doesn't sound like much :lupe: What's your weekly routine? What else do you do during the day? Do you have a physically demanding job? What do you typically eat in a day? The only thing I can think of is that you're under recovering or overtraining.

I know a lot of girls eat enough veggies, but very few I've ever met eat enough protein/fats.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Can you help me make a program pretty please?

@RoyalQ

A. Push day-moderate heavy lifting

Front shoulder press(machine)- 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Reverse shoulder press(with body facing towards pad/machine)-2 sets of 6-12 reps

Incline chest. Can be done with dumbbells, barbell bench, or machine. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Triceps- Triceps pulldown or dip machine your pick 2 sets of 6-12 reps. Reverse triceps pulldown 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Quads -Squats, Leg Press, Hack squats your pick. 2 sets of 6-12 reps
Leg extension 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Hip Abductor machine. 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Calves work-2 sets of 6-12 reps

B. Rest day

C. Pull day- moderate heavy lifting.

Barbell or dumbbell shrugs. 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Back. Pulldowns from front back or machine assisted. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Barbell or dumbbell rows. 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Back extensions.2 sets of 6-12

Biceps. Bicep curls with dumbbells, barbells, or cables your pick. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Hammer curls- 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Hamstrings. Lying leg curl- 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Romanian stiff legged deadlift w/ dumbbells. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Ab work-2 sets of 6-12

Oblique work. 2 sets of 6-12.

D. Rest Day

Then add cardio as you see fit and repeat workout schedule with 2 sets of 12-15 reps focusing on isolation and unilateral exercises with lighter weights. Continue to rotate workout schedule and add and exchange exercises and machines as you please

Good luck

Last edited:

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
@RoyalQ

A. Pull day-moderate heavy lifting

Front shoulder press(machine)- 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Reverse shoulder press(with body facing towards pad/machine)-2 sets of 6-12 reps

Incline chest. Can be done with dumbbells, barbell bench, or machine. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Triceps- Triceps pulldown or dip machine your pick 2 sets of 6-12 reps. Reverse triceps pulldown 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Quads -Squats, Leg Press, Hack squats your pick. 2 sets of 6-12 reps
Leg extension 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Hip Abductor machine. 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Calves work-2 sets of 6-12 reps

B. Rest day

C. Pull day- moderate heavy lifting.

Barbell or dumbbell shrugs. 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Back. Pulldowns from front back or machine assisted. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Barbell or dumbbell rows. 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Back extensions.2 sets of 6-12

Biceps. Bicep curls with dumbbells, barbells, or cables your pick. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Hammer curls- 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Hamstrings. Lying leg curl- 2 sets of 6-12 reps

Romanian stiff legged deadlift w/ dumbbells. 2 sets of 6-12 reps.

Ab work-2 sets of 6-12

Oblique work. 2 sets of 6-12.

D. Rest Day

Then add cardio as you see fit and repeat workout schedule with 2 sets of 12-15 reps focusing on isolation and unilateral exercises with lighter weights. Continue to rotate workout schedule and add and exchange exercises and machines as you please

Good luck
Thank you! Ill try this out

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I hit everything twice a week

Most I do is 3 body parts in one workout but that is my shortest workout. And for some body parts I only do one exercise. All I do for chest is bench press for example. I would definitely keep it as simple as possible. You would be surprised how little it takes to grow
All you do for chest is bench press? Wow...

I guess once you know your body, you know how much energy you need to and don't need to exert. Sound like you've simplified everything while still achieving maximum results.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Yes they are

Wifey has long femurs too.... I finally taught her how to squat for the most part but back when we were in NYC we used this at the local gym

GLPH1100_3.png

Hella hella hella hella leg gains. Comfy for her... she just put her feet ahead and apart. I wish we had that machine in our house now :mjcry:
hack squat machine is GOAT

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
How do you feel about the V squat machine? My gym has both but the hack squat machine is really old and looks like a death trap and the v squat machine is newer.

V squat(super squat machine) is great for loading weights without that heavy barbell fear. Hack squats are great for leg development as well. You can't go wrong with either one