How to increase lifting stamina?

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Carry a bottle of half lemonade half water to the gym. This will save you money on Gatorade and keep you energized.

Post work make sure you stretch and heat and cool down. I suggest rubbing your sore areas with cayenne peppers then cooling with a cold shower or bag of ice

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
:francis: That is fair. I would try leg press then. But yea I would narrow things down if you can.

are leg presses as effective? The reason i do so much is to try to make up for not being able to squat. But if Leg presses are just as effective then maybe i can focus on that.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Thing is i cant squat :mjcry:. Now matter how many times i try and tweek my form i always do it wrong. I think its because my legs are long and my torso is short. One day i measured and my legs were 3 feet long and my upper body wad 2 feet. My legs are a foot longer. Its very weird for me to squat.
Nah son no matter what you look like unless one leg shorter than the other or something you can learn how to squat. You probably need somebody you trust to show you how to do it correctly and preferably non smith machine squats at that.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
How has no one mentioned creatine yet?

The pre-workout I take has creatine and it helps me push through one hour workouts with no problem.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drank some fruit juice pre workout (i like coconut water) :ahh: But more importantly, make sure your nutrition for the day is good leading up to the workout.
What about if you work out first thing in the morning just after waking up.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
are leg presses as effective? The reason i do so much is to try to make up for not being able to squat. But if Leg presses are just as effective then maybe i can focus on that.
Yes they are

Wifey has long femurs too.... I finally taught her how to squat for the most part but back when we were in NYC we used this at the local gym

GLPH1100_3.png

Hella hella hella hella leg gains. Comfy for her... she just put her feet ahead and apart. I wish we had that machine in our house now :mjcry:

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
I used to have workouts where I would be close to blackout in the end but then I started doing regular cardio and that fixed my problem

it's also very helpful to use less weight and decrease your rest intervals to minimum, it's a shock at first but a couple months in you'll be a machine

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How has no one mentioned creatine yet?

The pre-workout I take has creatine and it helps me push through one hour workouts with no problem.
Personal opinion:

You shouldn't need it to get through 30 minute workouts. It's a damn good supplement and I support use but someone who has been on a good workout/nutrition plan shouldn't need it for a 30 minute session.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yea I only have BCAA+fiber to stave off hypoglycemia.... I am really not a fan of stimulants or "pre workouts". Sleep, recovery, meat and potatoes are my pre workout
Don't get me wrong. I use a pre-workout and it helps (in my mind at least) optimize sessions. That said I workout at 6AM so it helps get the motor going. Big picture I like the benefits but I don't "need" it.

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
Nah son no matter what you look like unless one leg shorter than the other or something you can learn how to squat. You probably need somebody you trust to show you how to do it correctly and preferably non smith machine squats at that.

Yes they are

Wifey has long femurs too.... I finally taught her how to squat for the most part but back when we were in NYC we used this at the local gym

GLPH1100_3.png

Hella hella hella hella leg gains. Comfy for her... she just put her feet ahead and apart. I wish we had that machine in our house now :mjcry:
I wish i had someone to go to the gym with me and teach me. Maybe i should hire a personal trainer...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I wish i had someone to go to the gym with me and teach me. Maybe i should hire a personal trainer...
Personal trainers wont be able to teach proper squat form

No creep life u should have someone at your gym record your squat form and post it here. We might be able to salvage it or give you pointers to make it easier. My wife is only like 5'11" with a 33" inseam and she can squat OK. NOT GREAT but OK enough. Lot of people do the online coaching thing and are often better than PTs. Not all PTs are bad but most are IMO.