How to increase lifting stamina?

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
So i have this problem where if i lift heavy after about 30 minutes i get this intense wave of fatigue and cant do much more. Its so annoying. Especially if its a big heavy movement like squats and lunges the time drops to like 20 minutes. Its difficult for me to finish a workout because of it. So i started eating carbs and protein before my workout and that helped but i still got fatigued quickly. What supplements can i take to help with that? I hear talk about creatine, can women take creatine? Will it make me bloated?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Couple of things

For starters in my experience big carbs before a workout is a big no no. Especially high GI fast burning carbs. My preworkout is usually protein and fat heavy with some slow carbs, and then during the workout I have BCAAs mixed with a slow burn carb like a fiber supplement or cyclic dextrin.

You should also do your heaviest most pain in the ass lifts out of the gate (which it sounds like you are doing) and taper down. So like on leg day start with squats or deadlifts, then end with the little accessory bullshyt

Also cardio helps a lot. I used to get gassed in the gym until I started doing cardio.

Keep your workouts shorter too. If you plan things right and keep yourself on a timer you can get a good workout in in like 30-45 minutes with warmup and everything

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
Couple of things

For starters in my experience big carbs before a workout is a big no no. Especially high GI fast burning carbs. My preworkout is usually protein and fat heavy with some slow carbs, and then during the workout I have BCAAs mixed with a slow burn carb like a fiber supplement or cyclic dextrin.

You should also do your heaviest most pain in the ass lifts out of the gate (which it sounds like you are doing) and taper down. So like on leg day start with squats or deadlifts, then end with the little accessory bullshyt

Also cardio helps a lot. I used to get gassed in the gym until I started doing cardio.

Keep your workouts shorter too. If you plan things right and keep yourself on a timer you can get a good workout in in like 30-45 minutes with warmup and everything
Thanks for the input. How many work outs do you do per body part? Leg for leg day how many different exercises? I think I'm trying to do too much in one day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Couple of things

This^^^

How much are you increasing reps and weight over time? The reality is that if your are continually push your muscle out of a comfort zone you are limiting improvement.

Also how much sleep are you getting?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thanks for the input. How many work outs do you do per body part? Leg for leg day how many different exercises? I think I'm trying to do too much in one day.
I hit everything twice a week

Most I do is 3 body parts in one workout but that is my shortest workout. And for some body parts I only do one exercise. All I do for chest is bench press for example. I would definitely keep it as simple as possible. You would be surprised how little it takes to grow

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
This^^^

How much are you increasing reps and weight over time? The reality is that if your are continually push your muscle out of a comfort zone you are limiting improvement.

Also how much sleep are you getting?

I increase by 5 pounds when i finish reps but still fee like i got more reps in me. Like for quads i usually keep it at 10 reps but when im at a certain weight and can do 12-13 then i bump it up 5lbs so that 10 is a challenge again.
I sleep alot. Too much really.

I hit everything twice a week

Most I do is 3 body parts in one workout but that is my shortest workout. And for some body parts I only do one exercise. All I do for chest is bench press for example. I would definitely keep it as simple as possible. You would be surprised how little it takes to grow
Ill keep that in mind. For example if im doing a leg day with a bit of quad focusing ill do leg extensions, single leg extensions, leg press, single leg press, calf press, hip abduction. All heavy. Maybe i should cut it down?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I increase by 5 pounds when i finish reps but still fee like i got more reps in me. Like for quads i usually keep it at 10 reps but when im at a certain weight and can do 12-13 then i bump it up 5lbs so that 10 is a challenge again.
I sleep alot. Too much really.

Ill keep that in mind. For example if im doing a leg day with a bit of quad focusing ill do leg extensions, single leg extensions, leg press, single leg press, calf press, hip abduction. All heavy. Maybe i should cut it down?
You don't really need to do all that but people going to do what they want. You'd probably get whatever results you looking for by just doing squats and deadlifts tbh. I personally think doing all them similar excercise isn't worth it. I just do the basics.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
O hell yea u should cut that down. Truthfully I feel like u could get away with just doing squats, Romanian deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, quad work and if u really feel they are necessary hip adductor/abductor work (IMO they are not if you can keep your knees from caving in the squat). U do those 4 thing and your lower body will be :drool: :ohlawd: :holup: :takedat: :lupe: :whoo: Just make sure u really learn and master each lift and make honest and good progress. Your shyt will take off for a lot less time and work.

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
O hell yea u should cut that down. Truthfully I feel like u could get away with just doing squats, Romanian deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, quad work and if u really feel they are necessary hip adductor/abductor work (IMO they are not if you can keep your knees from caving in the squat). U do those 4 thing and your lower body will be :drool: :ohlawd: :holup: :takedat: :lupe: :whoo: Just make sure u really learn and master each lift and make honest and good progress. Your shyt will take off for a lot less time and work.
Thing is i cant squat :mjcry:. Now matter how many times i try and tweek my form i always do it wrong. I think its because my legs are long and my torso is short. One day i measured and my legs were 3 feet long and my upper body wad 2 feet. My legs are a foot longer. Its very weird for me to squat.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thing is i cant squat :mjcry:. Now matter how many times i try and tweek my form i always do it wrong. I think its because my legs are long and my torso is short. One day i measured and my legs were 3 feet long and my upper body wad 2 feet. My legs are a foot longer. Its very weird for me to squat.
:francis: That is fair. I would try leg press then. But yea I would narrow things down if you can.

semtex

:)
Daps
The internet may not let you believe it, but you can develop your legs just fine without squats

the internet is elitist as fukk with squats doesn't squat memes - Google Search

Last edited: