How soon until the NFL makes this mandatory for players in games?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Rugby is also a completely different sport, the starting and stopping is different, movement of the ball is different, and you're supposed to last the whole game since there are no unlimited substitutions like in American football. American football players would tackle different also if they knew getting subbed out meant they were out of the game until the end too.
No human being is willing to run full speed and go head first into a player without a helmet. There’s a level of coordination in rugby tackles that you Don’t see in American football. If I can bring my helmet across your thigh to make a tackle, that only exists in American football. That won’t happen in rugby and if American football remove the helmets, tacklers would have to make the adjustment.

Helmets are the worst thing to happen to American football

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Tackle Derrick Henry full speed with no head protection brehs :skip:
No helmets will definitely help the offenses that much more. But we also would see better tacklers getting jobs because some of these guys can’t tackle worth shyt without throwing around their helmets protected bodies.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Wait are y'all saying no helmets and no pads too?

Cause a nikka launching into you with his pads against your face is gonna be hilarious

NYC Rebel

Daps
Wait are y'all saying no helmets and no pads too?

Cause a nikka launching into you with his pads against your face is gonna be hilarious
The point is, you won’t see any more launching. You would see tackling

2legit

Superstar
Daps
The point is, you won’t see any more launching. You would see tackling
Cats think that Burfict is going to launch his head at Antonio Brown the same way if there was no helmets. This play never happens in a no helmet league. We all played Pickup Football growing up with no helmets and nobody ever got a concussion because we didn't run like crash test dummies.

burfict-brown.gif

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've always said they should go with no helmets because defenders wouldn't foolishly launch head first anymore if they had no protection. Running Backs aren't going to lower their heads like a battering ram. It would decrease Concussions by a significant amount.
Yes and in 5 years everyone gonna be like this

:dead:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Yes and in 5 years everyone gonna be like this

:dead:

You’re not listening. playwr will not involve their head in making tackles if they are not wearing a helmet.

I repeat players will not make tackles headfirst if they are not wearing a helmet.

This would reduce concussions

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Cats think that Burfict is going to launch his head at Antonio Brown the same way if there was no helmets. This play never happens in a no helmet league. We all played Pickup Football growing up with no helmets and nobody ever got a concussion because we didn't run like crash test dummies.

burfict-brown.gif
Bro launching is a whole separate issue. Football is played too fast and violently inherently to not protect your skull and face. The fact this needs to be explained is :dahell:

And people 100% got injured playing pickup. I know a dude personally had his whole head smashed in and had to retire to JV soccer with a helmet from playing backyard football :mjlol:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re not listening. playwr will not involve their head in making tackles if they are not wearing a helmet.

I repeat players will not make tackles headfirst if they are not wearing a helmet.

This would reduce concussions
You're the football player so Im not going to retort what you say but I will say this.

Its 3rd and 9 and your down 4 with a minute left you catch the ball 3 yards short and you have to get the 1st. Are you lowering your head to get it and as a defender are you lowering your head to make that tackle?

NYC Rebel

Daps
You're the football player so Im not going to retort what you say but I will say this.

Its 3rd and 9 and your down 4 with a minute left you catch the ball 3 yards short and you have to get the 1st. Are you lowering your head to get it and as a defender are you lowering your head to make that tackle?
No one… Is going to… Go head first…. To make a tackle….Without a helmet.

It doesn’t matter the situation. No one will do it. They will only do so wearing a helmet. Helmets cause these collisions because players don’t have to worry about bruising their faces and heads when tackling. No one wants to bust their face open to make a tackle

Last edited:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
they would havr to drastically change the rules in the NFL/American football because it's basically a violent sport

no matter how advanced helmet technology gets, players are still going to get brutally injured

don't get me wrong, helmets should still be as safe as possible, but unless they make drastic changes to the game itself players are going to get hurt really bad

but then people would say what's the point of watching football if you can't be physical, so I don't have the answers, just saying

concise

Veteran
Daps

burfict-brown.gif

Take the helmets out and this play could very easily be a forearm to the face for some dirty player intending to hurt someone.

they would havr to drastically change the rules in the NFL/American football because it's basically a violent sport

no matter how advanced helmet technology gets, players are still going to get brutally injured

don't get me wrong, helmets should still be as safe as possible, but unless they make drastic changes to the game itself players are going to get hurt really bad

but then people would say what's the point of watching football if you can't be physical, so I don't have the answers, just saying

I think the real problem is that the only way to find a definitive answer is to run an experimental league where the game is played with no helmets. That would be a very costly experiment. :manny:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Take the helmets out and this play could very easily be a forearm to the face for some dirty player intending to hurt someone.

I think the real problem is that the only way to find a definitive answer is to run an experimental league where the game is played with no helmets. That would be a very costly experiment. :manny:
Thats better than a concussion honestly. Plus….those players who do that will pay the price getting kicked out.