How old is too old for themed Bday Parties?: 38 year old has an interesting choice of theme

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, having birthday parties for adults is weird to me. To me, it comes off like someone is trying to hold on to their childhood or something
I always thought the same thing. I've realized it's now just an excuse for my friends to get together and drink. Especially the flabby and sick ones with crabass wives and kids

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the dopest parties I've ever been to was a solid gold soul party. It was like stepping into a time machine. They were playing hits. Even the non hits were a samplers dream. It was hard to stay present instead of pull out the phone and see which songs were playing cause you could chop and loop samples all day. Everything was vintage, decor, couches, rattan chairs, plates, glasses...felt like being on a movie set or some shyt.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
There's a lot of people who don't have their parents anymore, and wish they did a little something for them when they turned 50, 60, or 70. If you're going to have a party for them at those ages, especially 70, then it should be something formal, and during the daytime, in the style of a banquet...this is if you have a large family, and you're inviting extended family members, by sending out invitations. They'll talk about it for years, especially if that was the first party they ever had. But by the time they're 80, and although they've reached another 10 year milestone, they usually don't want no big birthday party. Taking them out to dinner would be ok, or maybe throwing a little something on the grill.

How is being in your 30's, even your late 30's, too old for birthday parties, especially if they're not still having them every year. It's not out the ordinary to do a little birthday party when you reach another decade, especialy 30, 40, etc.... But like I said, 80 is usually the cut off point for celebrating with a big birthday party, probably even if they never had a birthday party.

I remember everybody was having a 50th birthday party. I wonder whatever happened to that.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Nope not at all. I don't know how seeing adults having birthdays parties as silly equals being depressed about getting older

Because adults can do anything. That's the point of being an adult, to have your own agency

As long as you are taking care of yourself and your family, and not breaking the law, who cares

So do you not like adults to partake in parties at all, or just not birthday parties? Lol