How much money did Ramon Sessions lose this postseason?

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Huh? What an awful post. If anything these dumbass PGs(Blake in particular) dribble the clock for 16 seconds and pass to Kobe to bail them out. It's rare that Kobe holds the ball for the whole shot clock. :rudy:

Yeah, Steve Blake is the one hogging the ball :rudy:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:

Pau was the main cog on a team that took the U.S. Olympic team to the brink. He's on of the few big men with a skillset in the league. Playing with Kobe has turned him into a fukking Plumlee brother. It's disgusting to watch.

I like Kobe plenty, and love watching him play. I'm not inteestedin any stan spinning.

that's my point. Kobe is a sun don't shine if son don't shine player. He needs
a subpar PG who can simply role-play. If he were younger, he could make do with a couple of roleplayers at the PF and PG positions. He's not though, and he should be deferring much more than he does. The Lakers spent the season winning in spite of his poor decision making, not because of it. He isn't good enough at this point in his career to keep making those poor decisions. Kobe is in the conversation for best player of the last 15 years, but that doesn't somehow blind me to the fact the his stubborn ass will come down the court and hog 7 possessions in a row. Gasol and Bynum have been utilized poorly this year, period.
Pau was the main cog on a team that took the U.S. Olympic team to the brink. He's on of the few big men with a skillset in the league. Playing with Kobe has turned him into a fukking Plumlee brother. It's disgusting to watch.

Pau never shot over 54% from the field before coming to the Lakers. He did it twice since getting traded. The fukk are you talking about? Lamar averaged a career high in FG% as a Laker. Once again, wtf are you talking about? If anything, it has to do with Bynum's growth and Mike Brown playing Pau like Channing Frye shooting 20 foot jumpers that have made him look like trash. But if you can't see that Pau has REGRESSED as a player physically and more importantly mentally then that's on you.

Also Bynum has been utilized poorly? Elaborate.

It's clear you don't watch Laker games. Blaming Pau's regression on Kobe is beyond laughable.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pau never shot over 54% from the field before coming to the Lakers. He did it twice since getting traded. The fukk are you talking about? Lamar averaged a career high in FG% as a Laker. Once again, wtf are you talking about? If anything, it has to do with Bynum's growth and Mike Brown playing Pau like Channing Frye shooting 20 foot jumpers that have made him look like trash. But if you can't see that Pau has REGRESSED as a player physically and more importantly mentally then that's on you.

It's clear you don't watch Laker games. Blaming Pau's regression on Kobe is beyond laughable.
Walt, when Pau was getting destroyed by Carl Landry in 2011, was he being utilized improperly?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

Pau was also the main cog on a Memphis Grizzles team that never won a single playoff game.

Once Pau got the Lakers the team went to 3 straight NBA finals and he was a big part of that. His game didn't suffer in the least playing with Kobe, like I said they played off each other extremely well.

You can't put Pau's disappearing acts solely on Kobe. Yes there are times where Kobe absolutely doesn't look to go to Pau, but there are even more moments where Kobe goes to Pau he does nothing with it.

They went to Pau consistently during the 2011 playoffs and played as passively as ever. Even during the 2010 conference finals they damn near had to force him to be aggressive and score in the post (something Pau even admitted after the game).

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Steve Blake is the one hogging the ball :rudy:

Blake takes 6 seconds to get past the halfcourt line, dribbles, dribbles, dribbles and passes it to Kobe with 5 left. Don't act like that's not familiar. I've been saying for the whole season, Blake in means Kobe iso ball.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There are times late in games where Bynum has good position but they still don't go to him. At the same time though there are lots of other instances where Bynum just doesn't show up to play and that's been a problem for years. Phil Jackson has called him out on it and he's admitted it numerous times this season.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Blake takes 6 seconds to get past the halfcourt line, dribbles, dribbles, dribbles and passes it to Kobe with 5 left. Don't act like that's not familiar. I've been saying for the whole season, Blake in means Kobe iso ball.

Blake in means Kobe iso ball because Blake doesn't look for his own shot and no one else really does in that unit. He passes to Kobe as soon as he can. It's the 5 seconds left on the shot clock thing I was disagreeing with.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
There are times late in games where Bynum has good position but they still don't go to him. At the same time though there are lots of other instances where Bynum just doesn't show up to play and that's been a problem for years. Phil Jackson has called him out on it and he's admitted it numerous times this season.

Bynum is a fukking retard. There's really no other way to say it. He is fairly skilled for his size but he has absolutely no instincts whatsoever.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Blake in means Kobe iso ball because Blake doesn't look for his own shot and no one else really does in that unit. He passes to Kobe as soon as he can. It's the 5 seconds left on the shot clock thing I was disagreeing with.

Not even saying that Kobe doesn't like to play that way because he probably does but Blake can't create for himself and others so when you pair Kobe with Blake, it's usually ending up in a poor shot from Kobe with limited time left on the clock.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Blake can't even fukking create his own shot (not consistently at least). There are definitely times when Kobe goes ISO and comes up with empty possessions but there are times also when Kobe takes a bunch of bailout shots. That shyt happened regularly during the nuggets series. Kobe was pass to wide open Blake only for him to either hesitate taking the shot and try to drive n dish or he'd hot potato that shyt right back to Kobe.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pau was also the main cog on a Memphis Grizzles team that never won a single playoff game.

Once Pau got the Lakers the team went to 3 straight NBA finals and he was a big part of that. His game didn't suffer in the least playing with Kobe, like I said they played off each other extremely well.

You can't put Pau's disappearing acts solely on Kobe. Yes there are times where Kobe absolutely doesn't look to go to Pau, but there are even more moments where Kobe goes to Pau he does nothing with it.

They went to Pau consistently during the 2011 playoffs and played as passively as ever. Even during the 2010 conference finals they damn near had to force him to be aggressive and score in the post (something Pau even admitted after the game).

I'm talking about this year specifically. Watching kobe dribble out entire possessions and shoot with 3 men in his general vicinity while having two capable big men is, frankly, embarrassing to watch. kobe hasn't shot well the entire season. Not even in key games they've won. He's incomprehensibly talented, I just wish he was sensible enough to utilize a team that is tailor-made for his game. I don't blame Gasol or Bynum when they are out of rhythm and have been running up and down the court for multiple possession without touching the ball except on the wing to pass back to kobe. It's ugly basketball. Of course Gasol and Bynum shoulde some blame. But kobe took 268 shots and made a woeful % during the playoffs. That's, you know, real and relevant.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Not even saying that Kobe doesn't like to play that way because he probably does but Blake can't create for himself and others so when you pair Kobe with Blake, it's usually ending up in a poor shot from Kobe with limited time left on the clock.

You have to play to the strengths of your personnel. If Kobe is going to ISO and then drive to the basket, he can hit Blake on kickouts which he occasionally did. If his plan is to ISO and then stay on the perimeter for a long jumpshot, nothing else is going to open up.

If you were Kobe's teammate, would you stand in his way or try to cut to the basket if he's trying to ISO? Or would you give him room to operate and either stand in the corner to free up space or let yourself get fronted so you could have inside rebounding position? People act like his teammates just get passive but there's a reason they do what they do.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking about this year specifically. Watching kobe dribble out entire possessions and shoot with 3 men in his general vicinity while having two capable big men is, frankly, embarrassing to watch. kobe hasn't shot well the entire season. Not even in key games they've won. He's incomprehensibly talented, I just wish he was sensible enough to utilize a team that is tailor-made for his game. I don't blame Gasol or Bynum when they are out of rhythm and have been running up and down the court for multiple possession without touching the ball except on the wing to pass back to kobe. It's ugly basketball. Of course Gasol and Bynum shoulde some blame. But kobe took 268 shots and made a woeful % during the playoffs. That's, you know, real and relevant.

I'm not saying Kobe is without blame. I called Kobe shooting the Lakers out of game 4 before it actually happened.

But that shyt that Pau and Bynum does is on them. There have been games where Kobe hasn't played that they've done that shyt. There have been games where Kobe has made a point to defer to them only to see one or both just disappear.

As for this season I think half of Kobe shooting too much was ego, but the other half was necessity. There were games when the post would get fed on nearly every possession but teams figured it out eventually and just started sending double and triple teams to deny them the ball and create turnovers. Nobody other than Kobe was capable of consistently knocking down perimeter shots to keep defense honest so he kept shooting.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have to play to the strengths of your personnel. If Kobe is going to ISO and then drive to the basket, he can hit Blake on kickouts which he occasionally did. If his plan is to ISO and then stay on the perimeter for a long jumpshot, nothing else is going to open up.

If you were Kobe's teammate, would you stand in his way or try to cut to the basket if he's trying to ISO? Or would you give him room to operate and either stand in the corner to free up space or let yourself get fronted so you could have inside rebounding position? People act like his teammates just get passive but there's a reason they do what they do.

Matt Barnes was doing just that for much of the season and he became a productive bench player. He really only stopped doing that once he fukked up his ankle.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Matt Barnes was doing just that for much of the season and he became a productive bench player. He really only stopped doing that once he fukked up his ankle.

Maybe once or twice a game. It seemed like it happened more after Sessions took over the PG duties.