How much do you personally tip at a restuarant?

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
you gonna give $12 on a $150 bill?

c'mon son...

nah...im not going to a restaurant where my bill is gonna end up more than $100 for just food.

there are occasions where i'll take one of these hoes out to a decent restaurant. bill for food around $70...and i'll order a bottle of wine for $60. i tip differently with alcohol. they get their normal $12 for the food, then i tip an extra $5 for uncorking the wine.

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
20% for average service

30 to 40% for above average service

50% for the restaurants i frequent enough and they give me free beer and food

and i aint got money like that. i was a server for many years though so i look at it as good karma for all the good tips i got

btw if you come to a restaurant a lot and dont tip or always tip like shyt. best belive your order will be put in last and ill take my sweet time refilling your drinks.

you get what you pay for. you tip like :trash: then you get :trash: service

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
15-25 percent approximately (usually close to 20). Whatever the dollar amount, it has to make the bill a round figure.

I.E. If my bill is like, $17.23 I'm tipping like, $5.77 to make it an even $23.

I have tipped in the 40-50 percent area once. But that service was on point, timing impeccable, efficient, friendly. Always knew exactly when to come back to give refills or bring grub.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
nah...im not going to a restaurant where my bill is gonna end up more than $100 for just food.

there are occasions where i'll take one of these hoes out to a decent restaurant. bill for food around $70...and i'll order a bottle of wine for $60. i tip differently with alcohol. they get their normal $12 for the food, then i tip an extra $5 for uncorking the wine.

i'm talking about going out to dinner with two couples.

get dinner, a couple of drinks per person....you got a bill that is at least $150/$200.

the server is taking care of your table and five other tables, memorizing your orders and taking in your special request....if this is done then how can you not give a 20% tip?

Elle

Pro
Daps
you guys not shame to be taking chicks out to dinner and tipping $5?

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
If you order a $10 burger, and the waiter brings it out, than you tip 1.50-$2.

But if you order a $50 steaks, and the waiter brings it out, you're expected to tip maybe between $7-$10 dollars,

No amount of extra work by the waiter was required, so are we really tipping for service or are we automatically tipping based on the food prices?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It depends. I like the reactions of people who are in a situation where they have to keep up the pretense or else. A friend of mine went to Hooters and said some waitress was being snotty or slick with him..I started laughing. I told him I would of cussed her out on sight..dropped two dollar bills as I walked out and that's that.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
It depends. I like the reactions of people who are in a situation where they have to keep up the pretense or else. A friend of mine went to Hooters and said some waitress was being snotty or slick with him..I started laughing. I told him I would of cussed her out on sight..dropped two dollar bills as I walked out and that's that.

Lil' Erik over here fronting like he leaves the concrete dungeon under the house to be social. :blush:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Zip. Zero. Stingy With Dinero :hovlol:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Delivery drivers get it worse than anybody:wow:.

:shaq2: Them nikkas have wisened up and dont even bring alot of change now. I ordered some pizza and the total was in the low 20's and I was goin tip a few dollars but the nikka only had exactly $20 change with him and I had a $50...