How many pushups straight can you do?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I damn near was at 100 doing that 100 push-up program. Something about my form was jacking up my elbow combined lifting. Had to throw the extra days doing them in the bushes.

That program has merits

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I damn near was at 100 doing that 100 push-up program. Something about my form was jacking up my elbow combined lifting. Had to throw the extra days doing them in the bushes.

That program has merits

that 100 pushup program works too I was like wow I actually did a little more than 100 at the end of the program. I started at :flabbynsick: 15. This was like 4 years ago. I don't even care now. My warm up for bench is like 50 pushups. But I don't try to set records.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't do a pullup to save my life

What muscles do u need to train? Your back neck and shoulder?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
If you want to do pull-ups.

Practice hanging from the bar as long as possible for 3 sets. Then increase time.
If possible try to do the negative part of a pull-up. I.e. jump and hold bar in the positin you would be at the top of the movement, then try and do the downward part slowly.
Then rows.
And bicep curl

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I can't do a pullup to save my life

What muscles do u need to train? Your back neck and shoulder?
lat pull downs

do you go to the gym? most gyms have a pull up/chinup/dip "machine" that counters your weight

Pulls ups are one of the best workouts you can do, especially for your back. I don't know why most ppl just don't do them. maybe because they are hard, or maybe cuz you are afraid to look weak in teh gym...I dunno

but pull ups work so many muscles, mostly your lats(and bi's) so work on building up your lats, using other exercises....like lat pull downs.

semtex

:)
Daps
To do 100 in one sitting mike dolce recommends taking a 10 second break every 10 reps or a 25 seconds break every 25 reps.

Ima try it :leon:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Asking someone's pull up or push up numbers is pointless with the huge variation in form and speed and ROM that people use.

I've seen wrestlers back in high school claim they could pump out 200 but when I watch them that shyt was like a 6 inch ROM :camby:

Its not the greatest indicator of real world strength like some people try to claim either. Being good at push ups means you are good at push ups, it doesn't mean you are functionally strong. There is a hell of a lot more that goes into strength than any 1 or 2 movements can judge.