How many of y'all moved on from hip hop and into electronic music?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I wouldn't say I left Hip Hop outside of me going to EDC Las Vegas in 2019 instead of Rolling Loud Miami . However, I listen to it more than Hip Hop now . Especially over a lot of these new rappers :scust:

Plus the Raves and Festivals :ohlawd: Women are more openminded , especially at the dubstep shows :shaq: Been talking to a number of my friends about going to Burning Man next year too :mjlit:

Not to mention, my city, Sacramento , has become a hotbed for shows in the past year.

Why not jump into a music genre we invented?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Yup. But I’ll add R&B, Jazz, Alternative & country. As well.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rap is probably only like 10% of my listening now.

I can't stomach most of the content anymore. I can barely listen to rappers even like Lamar and Cole due to the profanity and NWORD's in their music.

I've started listening to jazz heavy in the past 5 years.

I've even started listening to more and more gospel..

Southern soul music also:

Rap just doesn't do anything for my spirit. Had to move on.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Electronic music :mjlol: foh , I wish I would bump that trash

Even tho it’s fallen off there’s still plenty of good hip hop hus kingpin,griselda,Mach hommy,Rome streetz, rigz,tha god fahim,nas still dropping dope shyt or Tyler the creator or a boogie wit da hoodie if you like melodious music

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Nah, I don’t hear no electronic music unless at some place that plays it. I don’t seek it out. When I was in Europe they played it.

Now, I have been listening to hip hop less and less. I usually have R&B and soul playing. If I am listening to hip hop, it’s southern music from the early 2000’s and before, as well as someone like some 2pac.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I grew up with electronic always being somewhat present in some form. I definitely went through a period in the 2010s were I was kind of over Hip Hop and in a turning point in my life where I pretty much only listened to electronic and indie music. Over time I slowly got back into Hip Hop, but it was still just a small percentage of what I was listening to. Lately though I honestly feel like electronic had got stale to me. I did discover a lot of South African artists I really loved but lately I been back playing more Hip Hop again, mainly Cali and Detroit stuff. I just haven’t been finding alot of new edm I like but definitely about to start back searching out stuff.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Electronic music is the foundation for the first inception of what would become hip hop,before the term was invented. It was called space and the influence of bands like Kraftwerk,Yello orchestra, UK New wave/post punk bands made for a vast musical landscape you could pull from. That was effectively killed off by sampling legislation and a departure from the unspoken rules that encouraged artists to find new ways to be creative. House music in it's essence never abandoned those principles until the era of the superstar DJ became the vehicle to whitewash an entire genre that was basically a sibling to hip hop. I fell in love with house music in the 90s and watched it get whored out to the white boy network of DJ'S, promoters and record executives. The term underground nowadays just means white executives haven't found a way to vampire off your sound.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I've liked both since I was a kid. And by electronic I mean down tempo beats that sound like hip-hop instrumentals or drum n bass style . A little massive attack every blue moon. That Luther theme :banderas: