How many of y'all moved on from hip hop and into electronic music?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Not me, nope.
drill

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely don't agree with Number 5.
I've been listening to all kinds of underground leftfield R&B & Hip-Hop.
The Rhythms, Harmony, Arrangements, Sample flips etc. all intrigue me.

And it's only made me incorporate vintage drum sounds, various classic synths (Moog, DX7, Juno 60, Prophet) and
Electric Piano's (Rhodes, Wurli) into my productions.

I love Hip-Hop and applying my love of music to my love of Hip-Hop has only deepened my love of not
just Hip-Hop but Black American Music in general.
Jazz. (Heavy on the Jazz, I have even more respect for my heroes as I study Jazz in earnest)
Soul.
Funk.
Blues.
Rock N' Roll.
etc.

I never needed "Community" but the community of rappers I've personally sought out are all chill as fukk actually.
Potheads and part timers, working on their dreams every day.

Just regular ol' cats who love music like I do.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
I've been an electronic music head since I was a kid, say around the early 90s, but really dug it in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The rave scene in that era will never happen again
i actually really liked Robin S, Real McCoy, and all that house music as a youngin, but i never really searched for house music like that until in my late twenties.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Definitely don't agree with Number 5.
I've been listening to all kinds of underground leftfield R&B & Hip-Hop.
The Rhythms, Harmony, Arrangements, Sample flips etc. all intrigue me.

And it's only made me incorporate vintage drum sounds, various classic synths (Moog, DX7, Juno 60, Prophet) and
Electric Piano's (Rhodes, Wurli) into my productions.

I love Hip-Hop and applying my love of music to my love of Hip-Hop has only deepened my love of not
just Hip-Hop but Black American Music in general.
Jazz. (Heavy on the Jazz, I have even more respect for my heroes as I study Jazz in earnest)
Soul.
Funk.
Blues.
Rock N' Roll.
etc.

I never needed "Community" but the community of rappers I've personally sought out are all chill as fukk actually.
Potheads and part timers, working on their dreams every day.

Just regular ol' cats who love music like I do.
what i'm saying about #5 is sound design and synthesis is a huge part of electronic music compared to hip hop. That was a different thing that i didn't really know about when i mostly listened to hip hop comparably to electronic music.
Sure, you can synthesize your drums and other sounds in hip hop, but bass sound design? LFO modulation? Frequency modulation? that's not really prevalent in hip hop, and if it is, it isn't exactly recognized as "hip hop".

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
R&B, House, Reggae, Afrobeats etc.

Basically, love songs with rhythm. now.

I'm smarter than most rappers, except they all have more money than me. They cant tell me shyt, but they can just brag about shyt I ain't got. Its a cool trade to me.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
When Pop Smoke died I stopped getting hyped for new releases, I went to other Black genres or I just catch up modern artists discographies(Future, Young Thug, etc.), just to get up to date with the timeline.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
not EDM but my hip hop/rap consumption is mostly from the UK now.

im listening to old music more. Sade has been playing for the past week and it's so nice to hear a woman sing without it being about sucking me off or how great her p*ssy is
Sade was slick with it. Sweetest Taboo IS about her p*ssy.