How many of ya'll have never heard of "Piggly Wiggly"

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I’m from the south. I’ve saw them my whole life but I’ve never been in one now that I think about it:ohhh:
Ive mostly used Food lion, Bi-lo’s or Publix

You not a real Suvernor if you ain't been to a Hoggly Woggly. :what:

Negs pending. :birdman:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
The ones in the FL coast are :trash: .

The ones I been to in SW Georgia are :ohlawd:. A few are in the Publix weight class. :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Had no idea this was mostly a southern chain.

I grew up in the midwest and there was a Piggly Wiggly around the corner from my high school in the 90's. It's long gone now though.

Fred.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
heard of it, but never been there

thecoli is a food lion forum tho

word to one eye reginald :wow:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Do they sell faygo???
my grandma from alabama used to take me to piggly wiggly all the time...she visited and went to Meijer and was like :ohlawd:

this is when SUPER super markets first started hitting in the us, and alabama or Gary (where she also lived and we all came up from) didn’t have any, and Meijer blew her mind lol. Faygo made me remember this :myman:

Last edited:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Been in one in SC when I was a kid. We HAD to go there becuz of the name. Btw that drive from MD to SC sucks. And South of the Border woat
:heh:
South of the border is a big part of my childhood lol. My grandma lives in the city right next to the border, and she used to go there and gamble. I always knew we were close, because on i95, once you’re like 40 miles close, the south of the border signs start popping up.

“37 miles until you and Pedro are reunited” ~South of the Border

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Yezzir. My parents used to stay shopping there. Really the only place in small-town Alabama where you can find the hard pork cracklins in the clear bag. It's one of the things that I miss about home.

Weirdly enough, I actually saw one in San Diego a few weeks ago:dahell:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
And man, the south may have the craziest named grocery store but it’s also home to the GOAT. Publix. And I’ve lived a lot of places. Nothing touches Publix. Miss it everyday. I know the thread ain’t about that but idc :lolbron:.
Those Publix subs are delicious, with that rough sandpaper ass bread :banderas: :russ:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
South of the border is a big part of my childhood lol. My grandma lives in the city right next to the border, and she used to go there and gamble. I always knew we were close, because on i95, once you’re like 40 miles close, the south of the border signs start popping up.

“37 miles until you and Pedro are reunited” ~South of the Border
Breh I forgot all about those signs. They had that one about counting sheep
:heh: