How Many Black Artists Left that Can Sell Out an NBA Size Arena

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
lol..... damn your ignorant, Im in London right now Jay Z has toured the UK every year since the 90s and has always played arenas.... he toured for blueprint 3 with no support act...

the reason why he was the first rapper in the world to headline Glastonberry which is a rock festival is because he is the biggest draw

youre deliberately being perverse because you have lost the argument

So we are calling playing at Cleveland State, Northern Kentucky University, Eastern Michigan, and Fresno State arena tours now breh......ok, oh but you also ignore the fact that these were essentially college concerts meaning college student discount, but whatever, if thats what you consider an arena tour, ok, plenty of artist have done that. Oh, and add to the fact that my earlier post mentioned artist who could sell out arenas (NBA arenas or larger) without having new music, neggah read! And now we are including selling out a historical festival with over 100 acts as Jayz proving me wrong, ok, try again.

EDIT: Oh and we forget that Jay had to cancel the last 3 dates of that tour "Due to unforseen issues", whatever that means (more than likely poor ticket sales)

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
The real question is who can do it whether they have new music out or not, I only see Prince, Beyonce, Usher, Sade, Janet, maybe Mariah, maybe Rihanna, as the people who can do it anywhere at anytime without another solid act attached. No rap acts are on that level (Kanye use to be there).

Jay Z sells out Arenas anywhere breh, anytime,.. so can R.Kelly, and Eminem.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
Jayz has sold out halls and amphitheaters (like many artist can) but has never been able to achieve the arena tour level nationally let alone internationally (like Kanye has been able to do). If Jayz could do it, why hasn't he done it now? I think he knows he's not quite there. I think Kanye has lost focus on the music somewhat and his media issues haven't helped, I think he could get back on that level though, just not there right now.

in what world do u live in bruh? Jay Z has been selling out arenas since 1999 now... his Blueprint 3 tour was all arenas and every one of them sold out weeks before the show.

stop trollin

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
So we are calling playing at Cleveland State, Northern Kentucky University, Eastern Michigan, and Fresno State arena tours now breh......ok, oh but you also ignore the fact that these were essentially college concerts meaning college student discount, but whatever, if thats what you consider an arena tour, ok, plenty of artist have done that. Oh, and add to the fact that my earlier post mentioned artist who could sell out arenas (NBA arenas or larger) without having new music, neggah read! And now we are including selling out a historical festival with over 100 acts as Jayz proving me wrong, ok, try again.

EDIT: Oh and we forget that Jay had to cancel the last 3 dates of that tour "Due to unforseen issues", whatever that means (more than likely poor ticket sales)

i dont know why im responding to this troll thread... but here

September 9, 2009 New York United States Madison Square Garden
October 1, 2009 University Park, PA Bryce Jordan Center
October 10, 2009 Highland Heights, KY The Bank of Kentucky Center
October 13, 2009 Edmonton Canada Rexall Place
October 14, 2009 Calgary Pengrowth Saddledome
October 15, 2009 Kelowna Prospera Place
October 16, 2009 Vancouver General Motors Place
October 17, 2009 Seattle United States KeyArena
October 21, 2009 Ypsilanti, MI Eastern Michigan University
October 22, 2009 Cleveland Wolstein Center
October 23, 2009 Philadelphia Wachovia Center
October 24, 2009 Providence, RI Dunkin Donuts Center
October 25, 2009 Amherst Mullins Center
October 27, 2009 Baltimore 1st Mariner Arena
October 28, 2009 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center
October 29, 2009 London Canada John Labatt Centre
October 30, 2009 Montreal Bell Centre
October 31, 2009 Toronto Air Canada Centre
November 1, 2009 Ottawa Scotiabank Place
November 7, 2009 Fresno United States Save Mart Center
November 8, 2009 Los Angeles Pauley Pavilion
November 10, 2009 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center
November 12, 2009 Champaign, IL Assembly Hall

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: @ people saying Sade can't sellout arenas. She sold out FedEx Forum here in Memphis of all places. I know she would be able to sellout arenas in other cities.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i dont know why im responding to this troll thread... but here

September 9, 2009 New York United States Madison Square Garden
October 1, 2009 University Park, PA Bryce Jordan Center
October 10, 2009 Highland Heights, KY The Bank of Kentucky Center
October 13, 2009 Edmonton Canada Rexall Place
October 14, 2009 Calgary Pengrowth Saddledome
October 15, 2009 Kelowna Prospera Place
October 16, 2009 Vancouver General Motors Place
October 17, 2009 Seattle United States KeyArena
October 21, 2009 Ypsilanti, MI Eastern Michigan University
October 22, 2009 Cleveland Wolstein Center
October 23, 2009 Philadelphia Wachovia Center
October 24, 2009 Providence, RI Dunkin Donuts Center
October 25, 2009 Amherst Mullins Center
October 27, 2009 Baltimore 1st Mariner Arena
October 28, 2009 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center
October 29, 2009 London Canada John Labatt Centre
October 30, 2009 Montreal Bell Centre
October 31, 2009 Toronto Air Canada Centre
November 1, 2009 Ottawa Scotiabank Place
November 7, 2009 Fresno United States Save Mart Center
November 8, 2009 Los Angeles Pauley Pavilion
November 10, 2009 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center
November 12, 2009 Champaign, IL Assembly Hall

Thanks, I knew the schedule, hence the reason I mentioned the places he played, you left out the last three dates that were cancelled more than likely due to poor sales, I understand you are a stan but lets look at facts

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/it_yo_time_in_brooklyn_tltwBOwCVZTu10BJXADeQP

You have to be a complete moron to think that Jay z (Biggest rap act in history) can't sell out an Arena:comeon:
Jay Z is not the biggest rap act in history, Eminem is easily a bigger star than him.

Em has TWO diamond albums, Jay doesn't even have one :laff: Em sold damn near two million records first week, Jay hasn't come remotely close to doing that, Lose Yourself is far more popular than any Jay Z song.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Jay Z is not the biggest rap act in history, Eminem is easily a bigger star than him.

Em has TWO diamond albums, Jay doesn't even have one :laff: Em sold damn near two million records first week, Jay hasn't come remotely close to doing that, Lose Yourself is far more popular than any Jay Z song.

I said rap act junior......

In terms of how many tours he's done....how many festivals he's headlined...etc.