How long did it take you to bench press..........

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I started benching towards the end of college. It was in a February and I started with doing 135 10 times, which was fairly easy because even though I never benched I always did alot of shoulder work and curling. I was in there consistently for the next few months and by June I was able to put up about 225 3 times.

Once I joined the military, I stopped lifting weights all together for 2 years and started running and doing mostly cardio. Lost 50 pounds. Went back to the gym one day just to see what I could still do on the bench and struggled just to get 145 up in the air 10 times. :mjcry:

On the flipside, I could barely do 20 pushups back when I was 50 pounds heavier and lifting weights regularly. Once I lost the weight, my push-up game drastically improved quickly (55 in 60 seconds is my average on PT tests).

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I don't even know to be honest but my max probably 385 right now. Best thing I brought recently was the slingshot . shyt helps out a lot.

But I don't train for strength. Heavy weight high reps has been my motto for some time now(thanks to CT fletcher and Mike Rashid). shyt has worked.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't even know to be honest but my max probably 385 right now. Best thing I brought recently was the slingshot . shyt helps out a lot.

But I don't train for strength. Heavy weight high reps has been my motto for some time now(thanks to CT fletcher and Mike Rashid). shyt has worked.

Yea man,what does the slingshot actually do??

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I started benching towards the end of college. It was in a February and I started with doing 135 10 times, which was fairly easy because even though I never benched I always did alot of shoulder work and curling. I was in there consistently for the next few months and by June I was able to put up about 225 3 times.

Once I joined the military, I stopped lifting weights all together for 2 years and started running and doing mostly cardio. Lost 50 pounds. Went back to the gym one day just to see what I could still do on the bench and struggled just to get 145 up in the air 10 times. :mjcry:

On the flipside, I could barely do 20 pushups back when I was 50 pounds heavier and lifting weights regularly. Once I lost the weight, my push-up game drastically improved quickly (55 in 60 seconds is my average on PT tests).

Why?:lupe:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you got long ass arms, that's Kryptonite on the bench.

How do you define long arms? Height to arm length ratio? I've never thought of myself having long arms, but I swear I have more trouble with bench than most. I'm 5'11 and wear a 34/35 sleeve.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
do we count bench on a smith machine? :lupe:

:scust: Real men don't rep sets in the Smithy....unless you PAWG'in mid set breh & wanna impress these Yoga pants Sluts in training :lolbron:

295 for me is taking FOREVER to crack, I been stuck at this hurdle coming up to ~2 months straight...I fukking hate press day anyway.. The dreaded bench press is the weakest of my big lifts (Deads & Squats are progressing effortlessly)

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm just trying to build up to my weight of 175. Did 3x5 at 155 this week. Gotta slowly progress up each time. Don't wanna go to fast since I'm doing it alone. Buddy that says he uses that Smith machine looks to have the right idea. I use that for squats.