How Has Becoming "Racially Aware" Changed the Way You View Sports?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tell me whats wrong and ill consider changing it:ehh:

Actually in hindsight...

becoming is ok.

I was telling bruh that this entire movement of consciousness is superficial and trendy... and everyone will hop on each police killing and the WHITE media is controlling who and when people are becoming socially aware and that the is hardly any Black Pride and Black supremacy and Black separatism ideology in any of these movements....

But in hindsight.. Whatever, I guess people sometimes need different situations to Pop their Minds awake.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
internet forums have pretty much soured me on the nfl, college football and basketball. i don't see how black people can cheer or play for SEC/Big 12 schools. shyt is baffling to me. you might say you root for them because that's your home state and the players are mostly from your state, blah blah, but their fans are some of the most disgusting, racist people you'll ever come across. do you all even post on their fan forums? i don't imagine it would be a comfortable experience. i cheer for my alma mater, UCLA. but if our fan makeup was similar to that of an SEC/Big 12 school, i would just claim the degree. i want to be proud of the complete experience, not just some black kids running up and down for the pleasure of some racist fukks. their forums are pretty much "our nikkars are better than your nikkars". fukk them.

Daps
Well it seems that white people are most comfortable when we're their "entertainment ". As long as we don't get to uppity and confident in our talents. I have a co worker who u can tell that she's so racist behind closed doors but she loves the college basketball ball team here. I bet when they loose she calls them all types of n!ggers

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Well it seems that white people are most comfortable when we're their "entertainment ".

Absolutely true. I compare it to white peoples love of 50Cent. Dude was an authentic thug before rap. A physically intimidating, big,dark skinned black man that any white person would cross the street for if he was headed their way. But since he "entertains" them now he's adored by whites.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Becoming racially aware should make you look at the coli in a funny way if you read the threads they've stickied to the front page......

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sports have many racial undertones that have been mentioned in this thread. However that doesnt mean Im gonna stop watching. Not supporting sports especially the NBA (which gets a lot of hate from cacs strictly due to its blackness) only hurts the players pockets. Owners will still be rich without their teams. Team doctors and coaches can still get jobs somewhere else. But the players? They aint got real degrees for the most part so they would have to go overseas to eat if there was no pro leagues. So who are you really hurting by boycotting? Not to mention you're taking away your own enjoyment for what? Its black pockets that are hurting most in the end :yeshrug:

:dahell: U do realize these people give zero fukks about me and you right?

Years ago I was leaving a club in nyc and Ray Allen, pierce and KG were bout to go in. Some dude starts Gettin mad hype and asked to take a pic and pierce spazzed on him. Told him get that cam out his fukkin face. Then my boy goes up to Allen and he was mad dismissive. yeah I know they just wanted to have a good time, but damn at least show some respect to the people funding your lifestyle. Lot of these athletes are fukk boys who don't do much for the black community so I can care less.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
internet forums have pretty much soured me on the nfl, college football and basketball. i don't see how black people can cheer or play for SEC/Big 12 schools. shyt is baffling to me. you might say you root for them because that's your home state and the players are mostly from your state, blah blah, but their fans are some of the most disgusting, racist people you'll ever come across. do you all even post on their fan forums? i don't imagine it would be a comfortable experience. i cheer for my alma mater, UCLA. but if our fan makeup was similar to that of an SEC/Big 12 school, i would just claim the degree. i want to be proud of the complete experience, not just some black kids running up and down for the pleasure of some racist fukks. their forums are pretty much "our nikkars are better than your nikkars". fukk them.
UCLA fans are on that :mjpls:too. You won't see the stars and bars being flown but they feel the same way inside.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
UCLA fans are on that :mjpls:too. You won't see the stars and bars being flown but they feel the same way inside.
if you're talking about how people feel on the inside then that applies to every division one college, your white co-workers, etc. pretty much every white face you see. i can't control how they feel on the inside, but i sure as hell don't want the in your face shyt of the SEC/big 12.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Im as big of a sports fan as the next man but since ive woken up and am aware of the racial undertones and motives behind most things, i cant help but to look at sports sideways now:patrice:. Its cringworthy seeing the visual of thousands upon thousands of white people cheering for mostly black men to run up and down a court and dunk a basketball or to run and catch footballs. Shyt just doesnt sit right with me anymore. We all know that the only time a white person sees a black person as anything other than a "n1gger" is when he's making money off of him or being entertained by him. The fact that most of the "higher-up" positions(owners,GM's, head coaches) are white/jewish is unsettling also to me. Alot of "others" are living extremely comfortable/rich lives off the blood, sweat and tears of black athletes. Im talking on down to assistant coaches, team doctors/physicians, sports radio/t.v hosts, agents, sports columnists,etc. And most of these positions are NOT held by us. And lets not even mention college athletics where the players arent making a dime. Old white coaches going to urban neighborhoods to recruit young black players that he wouldn't otherwise have anything to do with if he couldnt dunk a ball. And all of that is just the top layer. Ive seen cats compare sports to slavery(especially around NFL Combine time:russ:) but im not gonna disrespect our ancestors who went through REAL slavery by making the comparison,BUT i wont knock those of you who do feel that way. So my question is: how do you sports lovers feel about whites being in aww of our athletic prowess yet still not seeing us as equal human beings?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
:dahell: U do realize these people give zero fukks about me and you right?

Years ago I was leaving a club in nyc and Ray Allen, pierce and KG were bout to go in. Some dude starts Gettin mad hype and asked to take a pic and pierce spazzed on him. Told him get that cam out his fukkin face. Then my boy goes up to Allen and he was mad dismissive. yeah I know they just wanted to have a good time, but damn at least show some respect to the people funding your lifestyle. Lot of these athletes are fukk boys who don't do much for the black community so I can care less.

Damn, not Jesus too:mjcry: