How does the NBA DPOY get voted to the All NBA Defensive 2nd TEAM?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

WESTBROOK BEEN GETTING BY ON REP FOR YEARS,
BUT I HARDLY EVER SEE HIM LOCKING ANYBODY UP.

BRADLEY LOCKS UP JAMEER,
AND nikkaS GONNA ACT LIKE HE DID THAT shyt ALL SEASON.
:devil:
:evil:

:skip: he didn't just lock Jason Terry who was destroying harden for a entire series?:dwillhuh::beli:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The coaches vote for the All Defensive Teams. The media votes for DPOY, which goes back to what I said about the NY media being brand new to Tyson and helping to give him an award I don't think he should have won.

Eh, looking at the 1st and 2nd team, coaches weren't much better and while I agree NYC media exposure helps I don't think its some kind of outrage Chandler got DPOY, who did you have?

By the way Dallas' defense was actually better this year w/o Chandler while NY went from bottom of the pack to top 10 this year. Of course I imagine Shrump had a lot to do with that as well.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Eh, looking at the 1st and 2nd team, coaches weren't much better and while I agree NYC media exposure helps I don't think its some kind of outrage Chandler got DPOY, who did you have?

By the way Dallas' defense was actually better this year w/o Chandler while NY went from bottom of the pack to top 10 this year. Of course I imagine Shrump had a lot to do with that as well.

Here's the thing though, Lebron, who I thought should have won DPOY, got the most 1st place votes for the All defensive team.

Honestly, all pro teams are about as good as it gets in sports. I saw MLB David Harris of the Jets NOT get invited to the Pro Bowl but made All-Pro 2nd team. :merchant:

I can only complain but so much.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
yea I know I was just trolling lol he really shouldn't have made either first or second team the past what 3 or 4 years lol but in his prime he one the best perimeter and versatile defender, he could guard 4 positions, but he hasn't been great at defense the best couple of years though

Guarding 4 positions? That's an extremely misleading way of saying he plays a free safety style one man zone. If the Lakers want a guy locked up on the perimeter, they don't look Kobe's way.

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!

:beli:
LETS SEE WHAT HE DOES WITH PARKER.:jawalrus:
:devil:
:evil:

let's don't.
2rzbfi1.png

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here's the thing though, Lebron, who I thought should have won DPOY, got the most 1st place votes for the All defensive team.

Honestly, all pro teams are about as good as it gets in sports. I saw MLB David Harris of the Jets NOT get invited to the Pro Bowl but made All-Pro 2nd team. :merchant:

I can only complain but so much.

Yeah, I would've gone with Lebron as well, don't really have a problem with Chandler getting it though. Generally the coaches do make better decisions.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seemed like some sports writers/analysts didn't vote Dwight Defensive Player of the year because of his injury, yet they turn around and vote him over Tyson for NBA first team?......... Well, I'm assuming that most of the voters are the same for both the defensive teams and the award, but I'm not sure if that's the case actually.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People wanna compare new yorks defense to last years but they ignore the difference in pace from this year to last year. Tyson was overrated

Thabo, afflalo and Shumpert need some recognition

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People wanna compare new yorks defense to last years but they ignore the difference in pace from this year to last year. Tyson was overrated

Thabo, afflalo and Shumpert need some recognition

The difference in pace was 2 less possessions/100 this year and that doesn't account for the drop in fg%.