How does one become a Microsoft Stan?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
This and the 360 era before Sony reclaimed the crown at the end of that generation. Halo, Gears, and a generally better online experience back then.
Facts the 360 had
  • The better controller
  • Better online
  • 3rd party games ran better
  • Timed exclusives to GTA4 dlc, Bioshock, Mass Effect, L4D, and COD dlc
  • The 360’s only con was the red ring of death. It’s crazy how Microsoft fumbled the ball.

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Easy:

Your mom or dad buys you an Xbox for your birthday/Christmas. You know it’s not what you wanted. You wanted that PS2. You wanted to play the nice PS2 Exclusive library that all your other friends keep taking about. Problem is, you don’t have the heart to tell your parents that you wanted the PS2 (or maybe you did. Either way, they don’t care about you so you get whatever they saw first. Game is the game). You smile and take the Xbox, but you know there ain’t shyt on there. But you’re stubborn. You keep acting like you got what you wanted. You end up playing Halo, but after a while it gets stale. So you stop playing it, and try to act like it’s an amazing game, with endless fun. Meanwhile you hear your friends talking about Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts 2, Okami, silent hill, ratchet and clank, god of war, god of war 2, jak and daxter, jak 2, and jak 3 are so good. They just keep rounding off exclusive after exclusive, critically acclaimed title after critically acclaimed title.They have so much variety with their playstations. Something you’ve been envious of, but you can’t admit.

….and you begin to lie to yourself. “Those games aren’t even good. They have so many bugs. I’m fine with my Halo!”

…but you’re not fine. You’re in denial. Trying to convince yourself of a lie you’ve known was a lie for years.

….eventually you begin to resign yourself to the lie. You allow yourself to be lied to. But you have to keep up appearances. You have to act like you’re not missing out with every highly anticipated PlayStation release.

And THAT, dear users how you become an Xbox Stan :francis:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
:ufdup:The 360 era had a good start, but terrible middle/ending. PS3 era had a terrible start, but a great middle/ending.
This and the 360 era before Sony reclaimed the crown at the end of that generation. Halo, Gears, and a generally better online experience back then.

It's funny how much recency bias affects these dumbass console war debates, I was listening to an old giantbomb podcast from 2009 and all they could talk about was xbox flagships, xbla and multiplayer experiences. Old podcasts are like a time capsule, xbla, left 4 dead, Alan Wake, Crackdown, Dead Rising, talking about carry usb drives to copy saves, so you can play fable multiplayer lmao.

Could you imagine the middle school tier shyt talk when mass effect was an xbox exclusive :russ:

At that time, 11-year-old BobbyWojak would've looked you dead in the eye and said that Def Jam Icon was the best game of the year:dead:

360 era was dope. Xbox live was poppin with my friends and family living in different states. Then we got tired of playing halo and gears. That’s all they got.

:camby:

nikka, Left 4 Dead, Saints Row

Dead or Alive 4:damn:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Daily reminder that Xbox was built off the back of the SEGA DREAMCAST!

Dreamcast.png

The original xbox was innovative and Halo's impact on console fps games is underrated.

Xbox was the first console to try and bring the PC experience to consoles.
Dreamcast was the first console to try and bring the PC experience to consoles, even having a version of Windows CE to run PC games. It also had a built in modem for online play & you could buy a mouse and keyboard that worked for both playing FPS's and browsing the internet.

webused_1609_detail.jpg

Thats another thing, Dreamcast could browse the internet, Xbox can't

Can't forget SEGANET, The predecessor to Xbox Live

Put some respect on SEGA's name
full

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not an Xbot, but I bought the OG Xbox off of the strength of KOTOR, Halo, Crimson Skies, Jade Empire, Jet Set Radio Future & Ninja Gaiden Black. Those were great games and I always viewed the Xbox as the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast. This is the only generation where I owned every major console. (Xbox, Dreamcast, GameCube & PS2)

Bought a 360 as a result of Sony's pricing shenanigans. (Eventually got the OG backwards compatible PS3). The 360 had the best controller, the better 3rd party version of games and the exclusives (timed or otherwise) were excellent. (Halo series, Gears series, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Alan Wake, Mass Effect Series.) My PS3 was strictly for Sony exclusives. This was the last generation I owned multiple consoles.

Had no interest in Xbox after the 360, especially after that disastrous E3 showing. I've been strictly Sony and PC since.

My 360 FINALLY died a few years ago. I may get an Xbox series X to play 360 games for the improved performance. But honestly I might just cop a an old 360 or Xbox One to play older games. Or may just use emulation and skip all of that shyt.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Most likely a kid when the og xbox came out.

if they where a little bit older
bitter about sega failing and low keyed blamed Sony for the failure even though it was segas fault having 50 consoles every year

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I can understand if your cape flaps for Sony, Nintendo, or PC

But microsoft?

@xbots get in her and tell us your origin stories and why you’re still riding for your team
Probably grew up on the box. OG Xbox had some decent games and the 360 had lots of hits. After Kinect Xbox fell off heavy and Playstation been dropping hits on em like Young Money in the early 2010s

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Probably grew up on the box. OG Xbox had some decent games and the 360 had lots of hits. After Kinect Xbox fell off heavy and Playstation been dropping hits on em like Young Money in the early 2010s

Yep, a lot of people just don’t want to resign themselves to a new platform, being an xbox stan is baked into their identity. Halo was massive, gears was boomin, etc.

They want that old thang back :wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
If you were a Dreamcast fan, then the OG Xbox was a no-brainer. It did nearly everything the Dreamcast did but better. Xbox brought legit first person shooters to consoles. Halo was the first console fps game that was comparable to its PC counterparts. It became known as "The Shooter Box". The OG Xbox had a HDD so players could rip songs from CDs and make custom soundtracks for games. NFL2k and NBA2K allowed you to use your own music for touchdown celebrations, player intros, etc. Xbox Live was SegaNet on steroids.

The Xbox 360 just ratcheted things up with better Xbox live support. Being able to chat with friends between games and while playing different games. Multiplat games played better on the 360 than the PS3. The 360 was backwards compatible with most OG Xbox games. The 360, while no longer the shooter box still had the best online gaming experiences by a long shot. Yes, 360 has the RROD, but Microsoft replaced or repaired the vast majority of those bad consoles when they increased the warranty. 360 is the GOAT console.

I still miss Kinect. When the Xbox One launched, Kinect features were amazing. Visual gamer recognition, and the ability the verbally turn on/off the console, change tasks and even multi-task. It offered everything gamers now try to utilize with their Google or Amazon virtual assistants. With AI, there's even more reason they should bring it back, "Xbox, which friends are online?" "Xbox, I have to leave in 15 mins, remind me when its time to go." "Xbox, create for me a cool wallpaper showing Master Chief having Cortana bent over the hood of the Warthog. :lolbron:"

Xbox is definitely riding the lame train today, but lets not pretend it wasn't bringing the heat its first two generations. If it weren't for Xbox, Sony wouldn't have built an online gaming network until the PS4.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Facts the 360 had
  • The better controller
  • Better online
  • 3rd party games ran better
  • Timed exclusives to GTA4 dlc, Bioshock, Mass Effect, L4D, and COD dlc
  • The 360’s only con was the red ring of death. It’s crazy how Microsoft fumbled the ball.

Blew a nine million headstart 🤣