How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

It wasn't Africans "selling their own"

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

He sold a criminal who was banished from the kingdom.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
"It takes two to tango. You didn't have to buy those slaves."

I’ve heard this argument in real life and the person always said: slavery in africa was different, and they didn’t understand what slavery was in the white mans culture.
This is very true too.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

She sold slaves to Brazilian and European merchants in violation of a 1852 treaty with Great Britain outlawing the slave trade in Lagos.[5] Her economic hegemony over Lagos and secret slave trading resulted in her coming into conflict with the British, as well as other Lagos merchants.

Mzee Tchalla

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The african people that sold slaves didn't sell their own people, but other tribes whom weren't their own people. As an african i believe african countries that have that history such as those in west africa do owe reparations, and that will even bring pressure on jungus to pay reparations also.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

Additionally there was a religious aspect to some of it, where muslims were not allowed to sell another muslim but they could target non-muslims.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Additionally there was a religious aspect to some of it, where muslims were not allowed to sell another muslim but they could target non-muslims.

Yup.

Its no different than the wars that took place between Haitians and Dominicans in the mid-1800s.

Cacs could say it was Africans "killing their own people"

But it was 2 different cultures with 2 different histories.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

He sold his enemy.

This sounds like a bunch of juelzing.

But anyway, my counter argument is that whites participated. They could've bought slaves and freed us. What'd they do? They treated them us animals.

"B.b..but Africans sold slaves."

Yeah and you participated in the transaction.

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
I’ve heard this argument in real life and the person always said: slavery in africa was different, and they didn’t understand what slavery was in the white mans culture.
There a dude who was a modern slave in Africa most of his life on Tik-Tok ima try and find his videos rn

He was branded and whipped yea sure slavery in Africa was "different" :francis: