How do you justify paying fast food workers more money when so many of them are trash at their job?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I think fast food workers work hard as hell, I respect the hell out of them cause I damn sure can’t see myself doing it. They be on their feet for damn near 8 hours straight, can’t be me. There are some who are simply ass holes and don’t want to be better. I am with you tho I hate when you pay for something and you don’t get your order right. But fam I have no idea what the fk you asking for

“chop half of pepperoni” that shyt there sound crazy. You subject to get anything asking for some shyt like that.
nikka you never heard of chopped pepperoni?

no bb

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Aite bro, if you can't read a sentence to do ya minimal labor job, maybe you shouldn't work, period, because it's nothing but harder from there.
What I'm saying is that the worker read your order before they prepared it but sometimes a worker just doesn't care to perfect your order because they don't get paid enough to care.

For example, imagine you're ordering from Burger King and you ask for a Whopper/Cheeseburger bundle meal that comes with 2 Whoppers with extra mayo, 2 cheeseburgers, 16 nuggets, 2 fries, and 2 onion rings, and four dips of your choice, now imagine there's a disgruntled employee who isn't happy with their situation due to pay, bad management, etc and is tasked with preparing your order.

This worker read your order from top to bottom, but due to the issues I mentioned involving their unhappiness at work, they may have half-assed your order by mindfully forgetting the dips; instead of 16 nuggets, you only have 8, and maybe an order of fries or onion rings is missing, maybe even forgot to put extra mayo if any on the burgers. The employee knows what you ordered but they just don't care to execute your order correctly due to their unhappiness regarding their pay/hours with management.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Well, one reason is because the field has gone without needed bumps in hourly salaries for a long time.

Regardless of their performance.

The cost of living and their pay don’t match up. Essentially you’re dooming your business and subjecting it to poor performance when you don’t adequately pay your employees. People won’t take the job seriously and morale will be low.

I’d wager to say that by NOT raising the pay all these years, they’ve essentially lowered the quality of their own workers. The poor quality of workers in establishments is a direct result of them NOT properly providing for their employees.

And now, look at the point they’re at now. You could practically have an automated fast food spot. They’ve lowered the quality of workers and made them expendable to the point now where people don’t even consider how the business basically is making the employee talent pool poor.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Are the people the problem or management? shyt starts from the top trickles down.

In many cases, both are responsible.

Jimmy John’s, Chick fil-a, and chipotle has never been a problem :yeshrug:

Now places like Popeyes are pure fukkin garbage cause nobody cares.

They also have their share of fukkups & errors, even if the aftermath between the customers/workers seems to be different. :sas2:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Some of them people working 3 jobs my G
Not 2 THREE

Pay them folks plz
People mental falling off out here something serious

they be understaffed to
I hope they don’t have to work so hard one day
It sucks seeing it and even working around it

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Wages should go up with the cost of living in my opinion.

Everything is steadily getting more expensive (inflation), but these wages staying around the same.

Even fast food workers despite what you think about them deserve a livable wage, you aren’t taking care of a house and family of 2 or 3 off $7.25 to $16.00.

If you ask me minimum wage should be around $25-$30 an hour.
fast food workers have changed multiple times in the past 10 years.. more than doubled in california in the past decade (from $8-10 a hour to $20 a hour minimum state law). Service has consistently got worse though.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The problem is you have people working to pay bills. The cost of living in a lot of places make $20 an hour feel like minimum wage.

So imagine working every day dealing with a$$hole customers knowing most of your paycheck is gone before you even get it.

And the managers don’t make shyt either.

I respect all fast food workers. A lot of them swallowed their pride and applied out of desperation. Instead of being inspirational and encourage people to do better, nikkas make threads shytting in people like a true CAC.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
where I live minimum is 7.25 and you max out below 14 a hour for entry level work without making a position higher

And companies will stall until they find some1 for the minimum

Bump experience

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I eat at home more cause these people are garbage. Went to Wendy’s yesterday and this girl had a loooooong line at the drive thru. I finally get to the speaker and she was acting mad overwhelmed. I could hear her whole conversation and she kept telling me to hold on when I thought she was talking to me. I straight up pulled off. These people be messing up regular ass orders like nothing now. This one dude gave me a quesadilla at Taco Bell and that she wasn’t even folded :scust: The price of the food and the service is making me cook at home more. Not mad at it either.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
nikka you never heard of chopped pepperoni?

no bb

I've only seen this style on the pizza that I got for lunch in highschool. I wouldnt have known what the fuçk you were talking about either.

And the competent folks you DO want working at the restaurants aren't there because the pay is shyt. Raise that pay and the worthwhile ones will come to that job and stay.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Hell no they don't deserve it, especially MacDonalds workers.

Funky ass attitudes, gettin' the order wrong, fries not fresh, having to wait longer than I should to get my food:camby:

I'd rather Chick Fil A workers get paid more.