How do you justify paying fast food workers more money when so many of them are trash at their job?

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I always say that the quality of fast food (taste, preparedness, freshness, etc) is dependent on the worker's happiness...

If you ever noticed how some fast food chains have multiple locations and some are much better than others when it comes to getting a hot fresh order made to perfection and good customer service...it's because the workers at those specific locations are happy due to numerous reasons (management, pay, etc) while the other locations are going down the drain because those workers aren't happy about their situation.

Increasing the minimum wage can lead to a better quality of service and a better overall environment among workers.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Where I live it’s older people working fast food.
I’m talking 30 and up

Young people refuse to do it ,because of dating and how someone will look at them.

My nephew friends just resell clothes/electronics. A couple of them do decent to

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The quality of fast food (taste, preparedness, freshness, etc) is dependent on the worker's happiness...

If you ever noticed how some fast food chains have multiple locations and some are much better than others when it comes to getting a hot fresh order made to perfection and good customer service...it's because the workers at those locations are happy while the other locations are going down the drain because those workers aren't happy.

Increasing the minimum wage can lead to a better quality of service and a better overall environment among workers.
Paying more money doesn’t turn a trash employee into a good one

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I've had this epiphany so many times: bad experiences in fast food are a sign you shouldnt b there. Deadass.

I dont eat fast food like that but when I do it is always a clusterfukk and I'll be sitting in the car or in line like 'smh lol I did this to myself'

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
If your order is always wrong you might just be the problem :patrice:
Na son. My local BK hires from like a special needs place now and all the kids are slow. A lot of places do this now. Its fukking insane. One person karens on then they all flip out.

Even if i order from diners or bars, half the orders aint there or change week to week.
Spent 5 bucks on a coleslaw they gave nice bowl of it, next time i get a baby side cup you get for free with a meal. Next week its a bowl. Next week small cup. It drives me insane.

The attention span is just not there anymore. Common sense is gone. And its like they pay less attwntion now that online orders happen.

Can do online ordernof a sandwhich say no oil and vinegar but put in notes “side of oil iland vinegar in a cup”

I get the samdwhich its drenched in oil. No vinegar. No cup whatsoever. How the fukk did you read the note to know i wanted it after i checked i didnt but still fukked it up. They dont read. They speed run everything.

Its like people who only read the first sentence of a text and not the rest and just say “yes” or “no” without reading the entire message.

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Paying more money doesn’t turn a trash employee into a good one
It can, there's a reason why the worker is giving a half-assed performance. Poor management, low pay, not enough hours, etc.

They're not happy, increasing pay is one of many things that will give them an incentive to perform higher. Yeah, there are always going to be those workers who are always going to slack; that's just a part of the food service industry; they may not be cut out to be in that profession.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It can, there's a reason why the worker is giving a half-assed performance. Poor management, low pay, not enough hours, etc.

They're not happy, increasing pay is one of many things that will give them an incentive to perform higher. Yeah, there are always going to be those workers who are always going to slack; that's just a part of the food service industry; they may not be cut out to be in that profession.
It can make them more motivated, but it won’t necessarily make them better at their job.

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Na son. My local BK hires from like a special needs place now and all the kids are slow. A lot of places do this now. Its fukking insane. One person karens on then they all flip out.

Even if i order from diners or bars, half the orders aint there or change week to week.
Spent 5 bucks on a coleslaw they gave nice bowl of it, next time i get a baby side cup you get for free with a meal. Next week its a bowl. Next week small cup. It drives me insane.

The attention span is just not there anymore. Common sense is gone. And its like they pay less attwntion now that online orders happen.

Can do online ordernof a sandwhich say no oil and vinegar but put in notes “side of oil iland vinegar in a cup”

I get the samdwhich its drenched in oil. No vinegar. No cup whatsoever. How the fukk did you read the note to know i wanted it after i checked i didnt but still fukked it up. They dont read. They speed run everything.

Its like people who only read the first sentence of a text and not the rest and just say “yes” or “no” without reading the entire message.
See you got it wrong, they read your order but just didn't care enough to care to make your order the way you wanted because they're not getting paid enough to care about every little detail.

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
I order double pepperoni

Told them if they can chop half of the pepperoni broad said Ocay

Get the pizza it’s one serving of pepperoni with one half of the pizza chopped in squares …

I think fast food workers work hard as hell, I respect the hell out of them cause I damn sure can’t see myself doing it. They be on their feet for damn near 8 hours straight, can’t be me. There are some who are simply ass holes and don’t want to be better. I am with you tho I hate when you pay for something and you don’t get your order right. But fam I have no idea what the fk you asking for

“chop half of pepperoni” that shyt there sound crazy. You subject to get anything asking for some shyt like that.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still productive. Still generating revenue. Still need to pay their rent.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
See you got it wrong, they read your order but just didn't care enough to care to make your order the way you wanted because they're not getting paid enough to care about every little detail.
Aite bro if you cant read a sentence to do ya minimal labor job maybe you shouldnt work period because its nothing but harder from there.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I think fast food workers work hard as hell, I respect the hell out of them cause I damn sure can’t see myself doing it. They be on their feet for damn near 8 hours straight, can’t be me. There are some who are simply ass holes and don’t want to be better. I am with you tho I hate when you pay for something and you don’t get your order right. But fam I have no idea what the fk you asking for

“chop half of pepperoni” that shyt there sound crazy. You subject to get anything asking for some shyt like that.
I don't even understand the point of chopping pepperoni in half

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Wages should go up with the cost of living in my opinion.

Everything is steadily getting more expensive (inflation), but these wages staying around the same.

Even fast food workers despite what you think about them deserve a livable wage, you aren’t taking care of a house and family of 2 or 3 off $7.25 to $16.00.

If you ask me minimum wage should be around $25-$30 an hour.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Can I get uh ughhhh cheeseburger with everything on it…but ugggh can you cut the cheese in half :troll:

And uggh….i don’t want pickles and no mayo :troll:

Oh yea…I don’t want both buns toasted. Just toast the bottom one a little :troll:

That’s why your orders are wrong :umad: