How do you feel about the idea of Mandatory military service?

Do you support?

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Hell nah

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a country that cannot provide free healthcare, free education, a clean environment, nor keep its own kids safe from getting slaughtered by AR-15's is expecting us to do mandatory military service? No thanks.

This country isn't shyt and cannot give its citizens the most basic services that are provided in most modern industrialized countries. Where's the incentive? America is a free-for-all all. There is no social contract. There should be no obligation or sense of duty until this country can treat its citizens with dignity.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Mixed feelings

I think it would make people less pussified and maybe teach some discipline than they got going on now but thats me thinking optimistically and not in the most probable reality…which is the brains in this country is cooked.

Then you’ll start to see the wealthy or connected get “favors” like how they used to do to dodge drafts or come in as “an officer” yet being a giant p*ssy themselves and not knowing how to do shyt or lead shyt, classism type shyt, etc.

Plus, wtf do we need it for? If thats the case, keep the fat b*stards with beards that they got in now

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Unnecessary. Nation is too big and well-defended for that to be a serious concern and we don't live next-door to terrorists.​

The military itself doesn't believe that..they prepare for the worst, and that includes activating the draft.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
The military itself doesn't believe that..they prepare for the worst, and that includes activating the draft.
The 'worst' would be an attack with ICBM's because there's no way we'd get invaded by land, sea, or air by a force that poses a significant enough threat to initiate a draft.​

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
It's a no for me for me few reasons:

1. What the fukk would they be doing? The Army and Marines are already busy not doing shyt because there is no ground conflict at the moment. The ACE (Marine Air Force) could see action, but that's unlikely. In the Navy, that's just going to give the Navy free reign to go nuts with ship building in order to, "keep up with China":skip:.
  2. Further fuel for the Military Industrial Complex. Don't even need to really say more...
  3. The branches in need of major improvements won't actually make or implement those changes because they have a constant influx of new blood ( looking at you, Army and Navy). Both of the aforementioned branches of severe retention issues. Not sure about the Army, but the Navy as shyt Quality of Life (if you're not an officer or chief), shyt living conditions (ships are hella unsafe and straight garbage to live on. Food is mid at best and you sleep with a gang of men...ayo,) and khakis are dícks to junior enlisted.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
American Patriotism is at an all time low because the viewpoints of Millennials/Gen-Z clash directly with older people who fund proxy wars overseas while neglecting domestic matters.

Why put younger people through that when they will despise it just like general education? I don't even know black veterans who hang American flags outside of their homes.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
20 years ago hell no

Today :patrice:

So many socially awkward young kids who get scared simply because we walking down the sidewalk and pass each other. I could care less about you but the younger generation goes into panic mode and a lot of times they seem to treat the cell phone like a teddy bear. It's their security blanket

Basic training would weed out the weak ones and at least give a mark to the worst so those of us in the job sector have an idea who we dealing with before hiring. A lot of young kids could learn skills that actually earn money.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
It would give these kids a sense of discipline , plus it might help against obesity since they have to be relatively fit.

One question , if they implement mandatory service...wouldn't that mean that they will all receive free college?
I can see Republicans either removing that benefit , or adding in some kind of stipulations.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
a country that cannot provide free healthcare, free education, a clean environment, nor keep its own kids safe from getting slaughtered by AR-15's is expecting us to do mandatory military service? No thanks.

This country isn't shyt and cannot give its citizens the most basic services that are provided in most modern industrialized countries. Where's the incentive? America is a free-for-all all. There is no social contract. There should be no obligation or sense of duty until this country can treat its citizens with dignity.
Marine Veteran and I 1000% agree