How do you feel about 'Bonus tracks', or 'Deluxe Edition' albums

Never Broke Again

Save stuff for the 2020 Posty's
Daps
Reppin
DC
Its win win for an artist
Doesn't get knocked for filler material if they suck but gets praised if they are good

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

what makes it even worse for me is i went to their concert when they performed at stubbs here in austin and bought the album directly from them after the show.

:sitdown:

I'm not a violent man, but, I'd have to go see Pooh and Tigallo over that

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's annoying as fuk but with the internet, I can collect them all in less than 5 minutes so it's whatever.

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
It seems to me like album-quality songs (in the eyes of the artist) that don't fit the sequence or theme of the album. They're usually up for legal downloading anyway after the release. In rap music usually a straight "banger" track on what might have been a more concept driven album. Or like it's been said a song that was received well but has been in rotation for so long it's no longer wanted on the actual album. No idea why "nasty" couldn't fit on LIG though, that's definitely a harder track than the don, maybe hrow it on after loco-motive...it's a good song to be placed in the first few slots like a return to nasty nas.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Weezy said he only got paid for 12 songs on C4 but he added more for fans.

They tryna get those itunes single sales

Mirror, Super Bass and The Motto are all bonus tracks but were also the biggest hits of each of their album. Crazy how the game has changed

Daps
I wish they still had "hidden" tracks on CD's, where the track would be empty for 2-3 minutes then a song just pops outta nowhere.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
It's one thing if the bonus cuts released are extras that wouldn't have made the album.. but now a days the biggest singles from the album are bonus cuts.. doesn't make sense to me.

I'll never complain about getting more songs, but that's not what they're doing most of the time. They're giving you a 13/14 track album and then putting three songs that would've been on the album on iTunes or in a deluxe edition. The only one giving people actually bang for their buck is Tech N9ne. His last album had 23 tracks on it, and then gave out 6 extra tracks that didn't make the cut as iTunes, Best Buy and FYE exclusives.