How do you feel about 'Bonus tracks', or 'Deluxe Edition' albums

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I give it the :dry:

Like seriously, ur album has 13 tracks on it....what is stopping you from including those other 2 "bonus" tracks?

I understand the exclusive thing with like iTunes or something to entice ppl to buy it from there....but overall it screws the fans over.
You're screwing over the remainder of real fans willing to spend their money for ur album.

Or why put out a UK, or overseas deluxe edition with added songs you didnt give to your MAIN demographic in the United States? :smh:

:pacspit:

SwerveIbaka

Tenafly Viper
Daps
Yeah its stupid, especially since i'm just gonna download those tracks for free:pacspit: somewhere else if they aint on my "special deluxe limited edition". I get more pissed off when the "deluxe" edition is the only version of the album:rudy:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I hate that shyt. Take Curren$y's album for example, when you buy the standard CD there are 13 tracks on the disc, there is a bonus code inside that gives you another track making 14. If you buy it from Itunes you get 16 tracks. If you buy it from Spotify you get two bonus tracks. Then Curren$y himself released a different version of Jet Life. If you were to compile all of the exclusive songs from Itunes, spotify, the bonus cut, and the remix you end up with 20 songs. The CD only has 13 tracks. What the fukk?

Edi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just a way for the labels to recoup money. I forgot who it was but I think a rapper said if there is more than 15 tracks on an album they artist come out the pocket

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
i hate it and wish labels didn't do that- especially with the itunes exclusive tracks. i don't wanna buy music off itunes, i don't buy a lot of music anyway so when i do, they need to have all the songs on a CD in the store- shouldnt have to pay extra for like 3-4 additional songs.

im done venting lol

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Also yall peeped how artists will release a song on the radio, have it beat over our head then not even include it on the standard album basically forcing people to buy the deluxe addition just to hear the one song they want? Even Life Is Good has Nasty as a bonus track when they know damn well that is one of the main tracks nikkas were fiending off. I guess it's the only way they can sell their albums these days:manny:

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
its more music. i aint mad bout it :manny:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I like it actually. I'll use one of my more recent favorite albums as an example. Evidence Cats & Dogs album has 17 tracks on there, ending with the DJ Premier produced Epilogue. The last 3 songs really have a flow/story to them, and it ends on a perfect note. For the deluxe iTunes edition he added a few more songs that didn't make the cut. They're great, and I'm glad I have them, but hearing them they don't sound like they would have fit well anywhere else on the album.

On the other hand, some people obviously use it as a way to milk more money out of people.